My spottings, old and new - grim North special

bunglebus

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

20220614_170635.thumb.jpg.ae1a1a64630e032119c8597259778792.jpg

This was rather cool, and I think still in service, rather than in the ownership of a neanderthal called Baz who's going to park it in the back of an unsuspecting Mondeo

Perhaps the occupant in the back had a long and illustrious career as a recovery driver?

A couple I missed from the last week

20220707_130402.thumb.jpg.84b41fb50b2f99aa7f69f515cf2d352e.jpg

I went into full anorak mode about this one, I could see from afar it was a GT as this colour was only applied to this model. I know this because when I was working for VW years ago, we had an identical one in the showroom for two years, as no-one wanted to drop 20k on a Polo, so eventually we had to put it in the loan car fleet. We had to be very careful who we lent it to, as 130BHP, oodles of torque and a 6 speed box is quite a lively combination in a Polo. I drove it a couple of times and absolutely loved it. We did eventually sell it and I know it got put on a personal plate, so this could be the very one...

20220705_081311.jpg

On 7/9/2022 at 7:49 PM, bunglebus said:

I went into full anorak mode about this one, I could see from afar it was a GT as this colour was only applied to this model. I know this because when I was working for VW years ago, we had an identical one in the showroom for two years, as no-one wanted to drop 20k on a Polo, so eventually we had to put it in the loan car fleet. We had to be very careful who we lent it to, as 130BHP, oodles of torque and a 6 speed box is quite a lively combination in a Polo. I drove it a couple of times and absolutely loved it. We did eventually sell it and I know it got put on a personal plate, so this could be the very one...

20220705_081311.jpg

My neighbour had a three door GT when we moved into this house. It was on the Google maps.

image.png.dec213240e30ee74e8da75b92302599a.png

5 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

I honestly thought GT was 5 door only. A 3 door GT in that colour would be something I'd really like, was a fun little sleeper

Could have been, my memory is a bit rusty. It was that exact car though. Sadly on a private reg (now on a Disco) so without some doovla witchcraft from @LightBulbFun I canny tell you what the original reg is.