My spottings, old and new - grim North special

bunglebus

In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem... if no one else can help... and if you can find them... maybe you can hire... The Autoshite Team

20210921_075337.thumb.jpg.ac5222e7f5d7938b7149f80c5839027b.jpg20210921_075321.thumb.jpg.f04788d11c0a2faea0b8334a879d21c8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, bunglebus said:

Slightly odd one. Papped this as it pulled away, had "prototype vehicle" on the back, 0 emissions according to the DVLA

20211021_144456

its down as a 2L Petrol for what thats worth...

vehicle makers do seem to have some sort of arrangement with the DVLA where for prototype vehicles, they can hide most of the details from showing on the DVLA's 1st party site, but they are still recorded on the database and rather amusingly pretty much all 3rd party checkers and even the DVSA's MOT checker, ignore the "please hide this info" flag, so all you have to do is punch the reg into any number of 3rd party websites or even the Government's own  MOT checker to glean the hidden info :) 

the 0g/Kg CO2 emissions thing is just a place holder for when no emissions data is record, its like that for current historic vehicle registrations as well, they all just go down as 0g/Kg

im not sure why they do that mind when I know there when there is a No Data available option for that field, as is used on vehicle records that date from before they introduced the emissions info as a data point on the V5

but there ya go

On 10/21/2021 at 8:03 PM, bunglebus said:

I don't really like R4s as the wonky gutters annoy me. 

20211021_121748.thumb.jpg.4560b443364913ced36ff54af07345cc.jpg

I'd never noticed that detail before! One for the 'once seen, can't be unseen' thread I reckon? What were the designers thinking when they created those bizarre lines?! The gutters look odd, along with the rear door edge standing proud of the rear quarter. trim which makes the rear door appear to not sit flush. Too much vin rouge methinks...