No photo spotted thread

Dave_Q

Overtook a J reg Rover 200 hatchback (R8 shape) on my way back from the shop just now.  Sporting trims and the daily driver look.  What a superb thing to see.  Gave them a beep and a wave as I went past, just in case it's someone I know from the internets.

Interesting few days in the Welsh Marches. Beautiful scenery and good weather but more to the point here: well patinated Morris Minor that looked like a daily driver parked near Worcester Cathedral, Scruffy Kia Shuma parked in Ludlow (only 117 left on the road according to how Many Left, so rare spot :) ), and between Leominster and Rhayader on the A44 an L reg Subaru  pick-up (first one I've seen in years  :) ) and a T reg Mercedes Dortmunder (?) camper van. Mrs C for some reason was more taken with all the Jaguar sports which seemed to be on some event in the Elan Valley :), I just can't understand women :(

Trip east from the Welsh marches today: highlights, a green VW-Porsche 914, a white American Motors AMX on a K plate- (never knowingly seen one of those before), a RangeRover with bonnet up and lots of steam and an Almera that had shed a front wheel and left a very long wiggly scratch in the tarmac.

Also a convoy of 5or6 early 911s together with several of their relatively huge and bloated modern descendants.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Day out today on the Isle of Wight.  Very pretty island, lots of luscious bungalows (I like a good bungalow) and to my surprise on a September Monday, rather a lot of classic cars!  Naturally I was driving so failed to get all but a couple of pics but:

1973 Ford F100 pickup

8 or more A-series Minis including at least one van

Morgan

TR4

mk1 Fiesta

mk4 Cortina

Vauxhall Cresta PA, 1960 model (which was obviously the highlight for me, especially as it was maroon and grey like my Velox)

Stag

XJS convertible

And I'm sure I've missed some out.

I did miss some out.  Three Sunbeam Imps, in convoy with... wait for it... an Austin Ambassador!  Also a 1964 Humber Sceptre and a 1932 Ford hot rod hiding in driveways and several VW T2 and T25 models - almost all campers - and Land Rovers of all ages.  There were probably still more I haven't remembered, and I'm sure plenty I didn't catch at all!

Most of the Minis were in two parties, and some of the others were in little groups too.  Not to mention the swarms of bikes.  I reckon there must have been at least a couple of club tours going on.

Still frustrated I couldn't get a snap of that lush Cresta though...

coming back from Santa Pod yesterday we passed a slightly shabby but utterly desirable mark 2 Austin 1800 landcrab on the A174 coming up to Kirkleatham roundabout.

it was so, so much smaller looking than our Toyota Avensis thing we were in, and yet back in the olden dayz the landcrab  counted as a really big car!!

Went to Morrisons after work and when I came out I couldn't see my BRZ as a Lincoln Continental Station Wagon had parked in the space next to me and the space next to that and the two spaces behind them the thing was that bloody huge and he drove off as I was half way accross the car park so no pictures.

Have been taking a slightly different way to work in the morning and have spotted this epic Volvo pickup conversion that the owner seems to crazy with the wob on the back end...

image.thumb.png.69df7f3498e521f7c457336b9edc139a.png

20 hours ago, Muniphobia said:

.... have spotted this epic Volvo pickup conversion that the owner seems to crazy with the wob on the back end...

The entire back end seems to be a study in sculptured wob.

I remember reading a topic about a Mk.2 Golf which appeared to have been given a "big bumper" conversion to make it look like a 1990/91 car. The new owner wanted to return it to original and, in the process, discovered that the rear bumper was mostly made of wob.

I drove past a factory next door to my school's bus park on Monday morning, it is a car repair and restoration business and also prepares race cars. Outside was an early Xj6 in white and covered by years of barn dirt, next to it was a Blue Triumph 1500 or 1750 which appeared to have been in the same barn due to the layer of dirt and rubbish. An hour later when I returned both were gone, hopefully inside for restoration.

Whilst stuck at traffic lights yesterday, I had to watch a giffer driven 84 "A"  Volvo 240 in maroon, reverse out of a parking space in the road to my right & vanish off out of sight. Its condition of it led me to believe it was garage kept (looked showroom fresh) & likely long term owned. By the time the lights changed, there was no point trying to give chase. Hope I see it again at some point.

On 9/17/2021 at 2:38 PM, Muniphobia said:

Went to Morrisons after work and when I came out I couldn't see my BRZ as a Lincoln Continental Station Wagon had parked in the space next to me and the space next to that and the two spaces behind them the thing was that bloody huge and he drove off as I was half way accross the car park so no pictures.

Have been taking a slightly different way to work in the morning and have spotted this epic Volvo pickup conversion that the owner seems to crazy with the wob on the back end...

The story goes, it’s parked there in protest as the company on the other side of the road damaged one of the better cars he owns, so he leaves the pickup in the road to cause an obstruction