No photo spotted thread

Dave_Q

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I recall some interesting stuff whilst on holiday in Vietnam. In Ho Chi Minh I remember spotting a 1st Gen Honda Civic at a petrol station, it was a red 2 door. I also recall spotting something quite interesting on a highway to Hanoi. At a construction site on the side of the highway, it appeared some builders had found a Peugeot 404 that was discovered in the building they were renovating.  It looked quite nice, all of it was there, it was white saloon with light brown dust all over it. Ho Chi Minh had a 1964 404 Saloon himself at one point, given to him as a present from some New Caledonians. Wish I took a photo of those two cars I spotted. 

Saying that I did manage to capture some on photo whilst I was there:

- A UAZ 452 Ambulance (I believe a military one), I saw a few of these during my visit:

IMG_1232.thumb.jpg.63947762eecf31e7cb448359f62bb6a7.jpg

- A GAZ 24 (Volga), once owned by a high ranking official I imagine, now rotting away:

IMG_1307.thumb.jpg.951a0c927a5eab839de677ca9ab3c4e0.jpg

- As well as a VW Beetle 1303 I spotted in Hanoi:

IMG_1318.thumb.JPG.7367d439276535907d5cefbbf4bb538e.JPG

IMG_1319.thumb.jpg.c0a3bf970ad38dd6444aa24f621e4109.jpg

- At the Independence Palace in Ho Chi Minh, I also spotted this tatty Merc with shite hubcaps. Forgot why this was here:

IMG_1150.thumb.JPG.87f7ab82b9bc4c4b12a1cdd71a7b056c.JPG

- Of course, no visit to Vietnam is complete without spotting a Honda Cub 50:

IMG_1175.thumb.JPG.36944bfb4f72ddf50b24ae17621b1876.JPG

Re-reading this, I've sought of lost the point of this thread. Shit, oh well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Not strictly 'shite' by my estimation, but as I tried to snap it and was foiled by potato phone slowness, it can go here to exorcise the ghost of failure.

Metallic blue Hillman Hunter estate in St Andrews the other day: the nice one with four headlights and lots of chrome. Forget the reg now, but it was nice...didn't look restored, more 'good used', sounded nice and left a nice trail of stink as it passed!

• 3 weeks later...

A few miles down the road from me is a house where the vehicles indicate an owner who may well fit in on here, seems to have three matching green Saabs  (only realised there were different ones after going up an adjacent road and seeing the other two in the private lay by) The Alfa 156 that was on the drive is now up with the Saabs. Also on the drive is a TVR 3000, this was in front of the garage door for years and looks to have been off the road since 2009, it moved sideways a little while ago leaving the garage door clear. I have always wondered if there was anything in the garage, on my way home earlier the garage door was open and inside is an orange Reliant Scimitar (covered in the usual garage detritus)

• 3 weeks later...