No photo spotted thread

Dave_Q

45 minutes ago, solid61 said:

I followed (at speed) a v plate cx 2400 super on the a421 a couple of days ago,looked in good shape in dark blue but the best bit was the C-matic badge on the back,that was my best spot of this year so far,couldn't get pics cos it was going very fast.

I think I have seen it a few times knocking round Bedford

Two note-worthy but sadly un-captured spots today on the M27......Tailed by a saffron Bond Equipe 2 litre convertible before he took a junction exit.     On the Portsmouth slip road - Citroen DS towing a trailer with an S4 Elan hardtop on it.    

A nicely rusty but in a good way Ami 8, it should be mine but the misses would throw a shit fit if I blew a few grand on a toy when we are saving to buy a house. Still once we have keys to the door some older Citroen will live in the garage a GS pulling on my heart strings. 

On 5/12/2019 at 7:22 PM, solid61 said:

I followed (at speed) a v plate cx 2400 super on the a421 a couple of days ago,looked in good shape in dark blue but the best bit was the C-matic badge on the back,that was my best spot of this year so far,couldn't get pics cos it was going very fast.

Might be one of the 15 that attended the CX Technical Day last weekend.

Now, I don't count dealership spotted... As spotted.

However, I'm in Bradford or Leeds or some shithole place of some kind and the Porsche dealer has a 918. It's white, but it looks ok. 

Now this spot of its own I wouldn't bother posting, the Ferrari dealer what do they have? 458's etc.... Oh and a fucking Enzo.

They're used to be a guy in Hull who lorded about in an Enzo when they were fairly new. But now you won't get change from £2? Million.

• 3 weeks later...

Amongst other interesting old motors I see daily when I'm out and about doing truck stuff, I saw a dark red late model Lynx Eventer (Jaguar XJS  estate car/shooting brake, for those who don't know) with some very nasty  and very recent front end damage being hauled onto a recovery truck on the southbound A2  just past the Blackwall Tunnel a couple of days ago. What a shame :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I followed a really nice D reg blue Volvo 240 GL saloon out of Portsmouth yesterday. It made a lovely sight amongst the sea of boring ugly modern shit around it, really stood out. It wasn’t hanging around either, once it got to the A27 it shot off in the Chichester direction.

I had the older 244 version and always liked it but when you see a saloon they actually look really good! Such a nice shape.

Quite a bit out today, despite the shitty weather.

First spot was a sadly doomed mk2 Granada 2.8 Ghia X saloon, it was rusty and very battered and dirty. Looked like it’d just been dragged off a farm! It was on the back of a recovery truck on A27 near Chichester. I think it’s almost certainly heading for the oval sadly.

Got my arse handed to me near Liss by a tidy white G reg Cavalier hatchback. Couldn’t believe it when I saw it as it’s unusual to see any Cav these days let alone such an early mk3. Looked like a basic model too.

It must have been Mustang day today too, I saw no less than 4 of the things! All separate and in different places. 

First was an 80’s Fox Mustang 5.0 convertible on the A3 south.

Second was a 67 saloon on the A27 near Chichester.

Third was an absolutely battered fastback on the A3 north on a recovery truck, looked fresh off the boat from the states to me. Possibly just landed at Southampton docks. No plates on it.

Finally, the fourth was a black 60’s saloon, also on a recovery truck heading north on the A3. It was on the other side though so I didn’t get a good look.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Trips to and around the Field of Dreams always seem to yield something interesting. Lots of Citroens this weekend for obvious reasons but apart from those I also saw within the space of 4 miles or so a Jag XK8 towing a caravan, a stripped Mk1 Golf cabrio on a trailer and most unexpectedly an AC 3000ME!

I saw a Suzuki Kizashi in traffic queuing through Fareham on my way home from work earlier this week. Its a shame they only managed to sell about 330 of them over here as I think they are actually quite handsome and probably go alright with a 2.4l pez engine and CVT gearbag. They stand out quite well compared with other saloons of the early 2010s.

Deffo got 'futureshite' written all over them