No photo spotted thread

Dave_Q

Went to pick up my Volvo from it re-test this afternoon, the garage I use is the old service station behind a petrol station so you have to walk through the forecourt to get to/from the garage.

Hidden in the far corner pump was a sight that really made me smile! A mk2 Astra estate, but not just any Astra estate... it was the 3 door version!!

Older guy came out of the shop and got in, bit of throttle to get it started and away it went. The old car petroly smell was just divine! It wasn’t exactly a cherished classic either, it was clearly a regular user and had worn paint and black sills. Great to see cars like that still running around.

Spent half an hour on a motorway services bridge eating Burger King... most interesting car o saw was a P reg Toyota Corolla.

However... on Saturday I saw a Carver One! I spied it in the rear view mirror snaking it’s way between the traffic! Brave chap! Gutted I didn’t have my camera on me!

Somewhere on the M42 northbound a turquoise Fiat 125 Samantha was spotted on the opposite hard shoulder.   Next day, a mooch around New Brighton was rewarded with a P6, Mini van and Wolseley 18/85 parked together.   Coming home, the M40 produced JB 007 itself being trailered home from somewhere.   Would have thought it justified a covered trailer meself, but there....   

I think the fair weather has been bringing them out down here!

Today’s pick, most of which were from when I’ve been on the road.

Ford Crown Vic police cruiser in full state trooper livery, spotted on the A3 just north of Petersfield. Cool as fuck it was too!

89 Volvo 740 estate and an unknown vintage 340 just outside Tongham. The 740 had the same US front lights mines got. The 340 was in ‘drift-yo’ look.

Series 2 Landy driving around Fleet.

Unknown vintage Alfa 2000 GTV doing a serious turn of speed down the A3 southbound. I was doing 70 and it passed me with ease!

Early 70’s Citroen DS on a driveway just north of Fareham, out on the back roads. It was brown and not exactly in the best of condition from what I could see, though did appear to be in use.

Here's an update on how the 740 looks now  :shock:

Wa0cd2E.jpg

Saw an 'N' reg VW Sharan today, must have been very early? Anyhow, it was fantastically awful the sides were just sort of congealed green moss mostly and the back bumper was of the 'non-colour coded' variety.

The other day, whilst staying away a few days @Carlisle, we took a ramble out Roadhead way, up from Lanercost.

We drove past a Renner5 [Whats yours called?], plummy red... Tyres on & standing on 4 tree stumps :/

... looking at the detritus about the scene .... been up there a while!

Here's an update on how the 740 looks now  :shock:

Wa0cd2E.jpg

Oh dear! Wtf are these people thinking!?

Yesterday I was out in my Volvo, went through Lavant, which is a little village near Goodwood and Chichester. There’s an old service station there that’s always got interesting old stuff in, but parked outside next to the road was a 73 L reg mk1 Capri. Which was automotive gold to me, but this Capri was completely standard. It looked like it’d just been dragged out of a garage where it’d been left since the 80’s, one front wing was a black replacement, there was a black tide mark around it’s lower edges and sills and the paint was just all generally worn, patchy and there was surface rust coming through in various places.

It was exactly like many of them would have looked at the end of their lives as old bangers in the 80’s and 90’s. As much as I love shiny restored cars and pretty original ones, I just love to see cars still running around in battered and weathered condition.

• 2 weeks later...

In Amsterdam last week,  an early Jaguar XJ6 in grey. Looking just right outside a lovely old house by a canal.  Worn looking , but perfect condition, like a loved pair of leather shoes.

Then just a short distance away a Volvo F86 tractor unit,  of about the same age and in the same worn but cared for condition, at work (with a modern trailer)

edit - very possibly these two!   (google- souced pictures)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Three choice chod-spots from MrsDC's work commute this week:

- blue Mk1 Granada V6 coupe, JPN328N;

- very beige Mk1 Vauxhall Nova in lowly 1-litre flavour but looking in near-showroom condition, with local plate YIA2825;

-absolutely hanging 1987 Ford Sierra 2.3 diseasel facelift, featuring utterly matt maroon bodywork covered in green algae - also very local on CDZ8773.

She's taken to referring to the Greystones Rd as 'Shite Alley', given just how many old nails can be seen on it at any given time of day.

Oooooh! I forgot to put this on this thread. Literally, this is the best no-photo spot you'll ever (not) see. I about creamed myself.

Mk1 Renault Espace. Bonnet up at some traffic lights on M1 J22 roundabout, parked behind (presumably someone come to help) was a Peugeot 305. I mean it doesn't get better than (not) seeing that, right?

I followed (at speed) a v plate cx 2400 super on the a421 a couple of days ago,looked in good shape in dark blue but the best bit was the C-matic badge on the back,that was my best spot of this year so far,couldn't get pics cos it was going very fast.

Summer is definitely on its way, this mornings 06.00 trip to Heathrow, I saw a GT40 ( kit but a nice one) a fastback Mustang with GT 350 stripes. Was lovely but light metallic blue (!?)

But the smartest thing I saw was a late Vitesse convertible in bright lipstick red- shiniest paint and chrome I've ever seen.