No photo spotted thread

Dave_Q

I think the fair weather has been bringing them out down here!

Today’s pick, most of which were from when I’ve been on the road.

Ford Crown Vic police cruiser in full state trooper livery, spotted on the A3 just north of Petersfield. Cool as fuck it was too!

89 Volvo 740 estate and an unknown vintage 340 just outside Tongham. The 740 had the same US front lights mines got. The 340 was in ‘drift-yo’ look.

Series 2 Landy driving around Fleet.

Unknown vintage Alfa 2000 GTV doing a serious turn of speed down the A3 southbound. I was doing 70 and it passed me with ease!

Early 70’s Citroen DS on a driveway just north of Fareham, out on the back roads. It was brown and not exactly in the best of condition from what I could see, though did appear to be in use.

I'd forgotten about this thread, but I'm glad it's popped up.

On Sunday afternoon I saw a transporter on the the M25, on the top deck 2 yes 2 Fiat 128 3P's. The bottom deck had ,what I presume was a replica, Zakspeed Capri and an Alfa Guilia GTA, there was also a modern Fiat 500 Abarth thing on Italian plates. Don't know if it was an Italian dealer taking cars to a show or something .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the fair weather has been bringing them out down here!

Today’s pick, most of which were from when I’ve been on the road.

Ford Crown Vic police cruiser in full state trooper livery, spotted on the A3 just north of Petersfield. Cool as fuck it was too!

89 Volvo 740 estate and an unknown vintage 340 just outside Tongham. The 740 had the same US front lights mines got. The 340 was in ‘drift-yo’ look.

Series 2 Landy driving around Fleet.

Unknown vintage Alfa 2000 GTV doing a serious turn of speed down the A3 southbound. I was doing 70 and it passed me with ease!

Early 70’s Citroen DS on a driveway just north of Fareham, out on the back roads. It was brown and not exactly in the best of condition from what I could see, though did appear to be in use.

I meant to post a picture of the 2 Volvos a while back,they're about a mile from where I work.He used to have a 340 4-door saloon as well,also drift spec.

A shabby Ford Anglia with those hot rod type alloys, driven by a Father Christmas lookalike in Bordon today .

This has triggered a long-forgotten childhood memory......One Xmas Eve back in the 60s I was the usual restless kid trying to get to sleep pending a visit from Santa.   I had just dropped off soon after midnight or so  when I was woken up by a car - we never had one then and neither did our neighbours.   I peeped through the curtains to see two big oval headlamps lighting up the neighbour's back garden.   It un-nerved me enough to send me straight back to my bed.   Turned out it was their daughter and son-in-law arriving for Christmas from their army quarters in Paderborn but for the rest of that night I was convinced Santa drove a 17M Taunus.....

This drove past me today, after I finished pissing myself. I did a Google.

https://frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42757&start=30

That's a magnificent machine,  Lots of photo's of it somewhere from Citroen rallies.

Dropped daughter's Megane off to have the locking problem looked at and walking home spotted an MX5/Eunos Y 819 PWC in cracking condition.

Photo on phone but I can't get them off to upload :(

Took a load of shit to the tip today, it's on the way to a military port so there is often some growling Caterpillar-powered Oshkosh action along the twisty B road.   Today didn't disappoint with four of the buggers running empty toward the port, let off the leash from carrying Challengers they deffo weren't hanging about.... 

That wasn't The Spot, though, although it is lorry-related.   In between the green monsters was a working Volvo F12, E-plate, hauling a 40ft box to the off-dock storage nearby (or possibly also en route to the military port although it was a civilian container).   We often see a V reg. F10 working around the docks themselves but I hadn't seen this before.   Bloody lovely sight....

Yesterday I saw a Mazda 626 coupe in red. Driving out of the local church at my parents between Cheltenham and Gloucester. They can't have been plentiful when they were new! No reg plate as its was in profile, looked tidy though. Guessing it's local if at a church so will keep my eyes peeled for it again.