No photo spotted thread

Dave_Q

There's quite a few vehicles I see on my travels at work that I'm unable to photograph, A random selection....

Peugeot 205 more door, in a fetching shade of beige that has been abandoned - doors wide open  -  in a carpark at the back of Police headquarters at Exeter for several years.

Morris LD Ambulance, UMM, Austin Metro and an Austin A40 all dotted around a small holding between Newton Asbo and Totnes.

Honourable mention for a Triumph Toledo that had been quietly rusting away in a hedge at Fordgate near Bridgwater for well over ten years, including being completely submerged in the flooding a couple of years ago. Sadly now removed.

I also get to see what the local fire brigade cut the roof off during training, most of which is not worth mentioning, but recently I noticed what looked like a nice cavalier CDi getting the cabriolet treatment, A Fiat Tipo also has been done in the last couple of years much to my disgust.

I went to the Skipton Classic Bike Show today, there were loads of interesting bikes there including a 1912 Triumph, a Brough Superior, a few Vincents, some Panthers, a Scott, loads of Tritons, early Jap stuff and several classic trikes, including a Pemberton with a Moto Guzzi engine.

I didn't take any pictures.

Just been up to Yorkshire for a few days. On the way up, I can't remember exactly where but it was nearer there than here, passed a Citroen C15 with the registration MY C15D! With that spacing. If he's not on here he really should be. Obviously couldn't really tell the condition but it was red, not faded pink. I'm not really a fan of personalised regs but that is cool.

There was a Rover SD3 on the motorway, but an early one with the clunky rear lights. Looked lovely.

And then today I was sweating my arse off going up a very slight incline on my bike, when a MK1 Fiesta Popular in beige, adorned with many period GifferTrinkets, farted past me.

• 2 weeks later...

Friday - stood in a charity shop down on the coast.   Burble, burble - ooh what's that outside.   Dashed out - Only a bleedin' Facel Vega HK500!   Went before I could marshal Mrs Rocker on to her smartphone.     

Today - bike ride through the forest, took a side road I hadn't been down before - Gilbern Invader!

Went out again a bit earlier with a camera but, predictably, its gone.....

Yesterday on the M1 near Hemel I saw a lovely Manta A, it was burgundy with rostyles and a black vinyl. I seem to remember these might have been a special edition .

Also on M1 the shonkiest old Audi A4 I've ever seen A-Framing an immaculate late Mercedes W211 e- class, looked very incongruous.

Talking of A-Framing, saw a Traction engine towing a coal trailer AND a ZX estate today, I'm not sure it was even an a-frame ,possibly just a rigid pole thing. I suppose at 5 mph it doesn't really matter.

Yesterday on the M1 near Hemel I saw a lovely Manta A, it was burgundy with rostyles and a black vinyl. I seem to remember these might have been a special edition .

Also on M1 the shonkiest old Audi A4 I've ever seen A-Framing an immaculate late Mercedes W211 e- class, looked very incongruous.

Saw a ZX estate pushing a Traction engine and  coal trailer  today,

Corrected

Saw a full on giffer-spec Mazda 626 Hatch (GC) complete with flat cap wearing, bearded giffer behind the wheel and gifferette in the passenger seat.

Also saw a black Rover 75, rare as hens teeth here in Oz. "That's quite lovely, I'm surprised they didn't sell well here" - My grandmother (giffer)

On my way home earlier I spotted a blue Citroen 2CV van waiting at the lights at the end of my road. Really nice condition and also RHD. Very nice...

I then looked at its number plate as I passed.

BBK 241M. So it's a local Portsmouth reg still in its home area, but even better is that my Capri registration is BBK 244M! They must have both been registered at the same time, same place and all these years later both still survive in their original locality. Pretty cool. Well I thought so anyway.

I had to do a double take when I saw the reg plate!

I was aimlessly standing on my driveway a couple of days ago and was surprised to see a Sierra go past. Even more surprise as it was a P100. Today I drove into lovely Spalding and a red B reg Orion went the other, looked pretty nice. And there was an old fart in a W reg Primera but then I realised that was me.

I had just dropped my Jag off to have the stater motor replaced and was walking to the train station when a series 1 Land Rover drove passed, but I did a double take when I saw the number plate, HUE 166. The first Land Rover? In Australia? Surely not? So I RAN up the street after it and reached it at the traffic lights where I realise it wasn't the real-deal. The colour was too dark and it just didn't look right, oh well, to good to be true.