Estate(s) of the nation - Gagging to get started on Volvo 265 GLE project 😀

Heidel_Kakao

On 7/7/2021 at 2:01 PM, Heidel_Kakao said:

Can anyone recommend a good classic car accident repair place? Preferably one that isn't fully booked for months.

If they ain't busy it may be because they aren't very good. Tread carefully! If they have loads of stuff that isn't getting done they may be rubbish as well. Tread carefully!

I’d look for an old school body shop with the Cedric. It’s gonna need a pull I reckon looking at it, and that’s not the type of work most classic places do. 
If it needs aligning, there’ll be no jig plan for it, so someone experienced will need to put it in place by eye / laser level. 
You need Arthur Tussik, if you fancy a trip to Russia.

On 7/17/2021 at 9:54 PM, rickvw72 said:

I’d look for an old school body shop with the Cedric. It’s gonna need a pull I reckon looking at it, and that’s not the type of work most classic places do. 
If it needs aligning, there’ll be no jig plan for it, so someone experienced will need to put it in place by eye / laser level. 
You need Arthur Tussik, if you fancy a trip to Russia.

The problem a friend of mine had with an E-type he bought from west coast of US because it would be rust free. It was rust free but had huge rear end damage that had been covered up. He then had to buy another one locally to get the measurements right.

I assume Cedric is a monocoque/unibody design and not body on frame? 

It might not need a jig but you do need someone with the right kit i.e proper alignment equipment to assess it for you. 

You may need to tell them what (the dimensions etc) it should be though!

I think these were type-approved for the U.K. back in the day? If they were then I reckon Nissan U.K. should have the required documentation.