Estate(s) of the nation - Gagging to get started on Volvo 265 GLE project πŸ˜€

Heidel_Kakao

On 06/06/2021 at 17:13, barrett said:

Jesus. Is it better than it looks? Because it doesn't look very good from here

It will look better after a jet wash.

On 06/06/2021 at 18:03, HMC said:

265Gle- posh! Does that have the PRV V6? Always wanted one of those, from that sort of periodΒ 

It would have had a PRV from new but it doesn't currently have an engine. PRV's are dogshit anyway so that's probably a blessing. No idea what engine it will end up with yet either lol.

• 4 weeks later...

I would check what’s left ofΒ the underside first…Green Bower are a Pembrokeshire dealership, if that carΒ spent most ofΒ itsΒ life in South West Wales it will have seen a lot of damp winters.Β 

I don’t think Volvo galvanised anything onΒ 240Β body shells until the final facelift in 85. They resisted rust much better than most 70/80s carsΒ but they didn’t last for ever.Β 

4 minutes ago, Mrs6C said:

^^^ So sorry to see poor Cedric like that. Hope you and Sonic are OK and the other driver escaped unscathed too.

Sonic wasn't with me thankfully and I don't have a scratch on me. It was actually a four car incident! Car one that caused it and car two that was also involved drove off without stopping. Car three that I went into the driver was a bit shook up but his airbag hadn't deployed so it can't have been that bad.

• Heidel_Kakao changed the title to Estate(s) of the nation 06-07 Cedric involved in RTI, worse than it looks though πŸ˜€
On 6/6/2021 at 9:11 PM, Heidel_Kakao said:

It will look better after a jet wash.

It would have had a PRV from new but it doesn't currently have an engine. PRV's are dogshit anyway so that's probably a blessing. No idea what engine it will end up with yet either lol.

Years ago Car Mechanics did a two part article on this guy that fitted an Isuzu diesel to a 265.Β 

as others have said,

im sorry to hear of the accident, but im glad to hear that your unscathed :)

and I hopeΒ that the Cedric can be repaired with relativeΒ Β ease and that its just surface panel damage with no deeper nasties hiding anywhere!

(and that your insurance premiums dont go through the roof because of this!)

• Heidel_Kakao changed the title to Estate(s) of the nation - 06-07 Cedric involved in a RTI, worse than it looks though πŸ˜€
17 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Maybe car two was trying to chase down car one?

Who knows mate. Or they just were not insured which is a very real possibility in Birmingham unfortunately.

Random but I do love Birmingham..... The city of a thousand trade's where you can still get anything made. Best curry in the world, we have a BT Tower,Β  the Rotunda,Β  a Lego Store, great transport links etc etc.

After Amsterdam, Birmingham is my favourite city ❀

58 minutes ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

Who knows mate. Or they just were not insured which is a very real possibility in Birmingham unfortunately.

Random but I do love Birmingham.....

I'd argue this is the best Birmingham song.

Or should that be Birmin'haam.Β Β 

Further evidence that Randy Newman is one of the greatest composers we've seen.

te; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wonder if when he's being repaired they could fix the electrically operated side window AKA "Dog Window" as Sonic would love that πŸ˜€Β Also fit the air conditioning kit.... I mean I am a busy CEO with a lot of projects going on so why not let the professionals look after Cedric for a bit?

21 hours ago, Yank Tank said:

Yikes.Β  Looks pretty bad.Β  Look carefully at all the geometry won't you.Β  Not wishing to be pessimistic pete but that could be worse than it looks, as well as better than it looks.Β  Go steady young man.

I drove him home from the accident (the police said I was fine to do so) and he drove as well as he ever does. The car is a fucking survivor,Β  he's partied with rock bands, car has had a more interesting life than me.Β  You think one little fender bender is going to affect a "real" car?

I will get a full four wheel laser alignment done on it though just to be sure.Β