Rave's First Collection Thread - Now Pug 106 Welding advice pls

Rave

Dunno, but I've got a taste for it now. Not sure what I'll do next time mind. Unicycle, perhaps.

Anyway, I've just got home. First impressions are: it doesn't sound particularly diesel-y except at idle, and it's not slow if you actually press the throttle pedal hard enough. Unfortunately that takes enough pressure to cause the driver's seat to slide back on its runners, so I guess that had better be the first thing I look at. The steering is very heavy, and the lock is surprisingly poor; can't remember if my old Rallye was like that, it probably was. But it goes round corners hard enough to cause you to slide off the seat if you want to, so I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I'm a bit mystified as to where the rear seat belts and one of the rear seat cushion retaining brackets have got to. I'll have to try and source replacements. Perhaps they've been removed because the intertia reels had gone, and it'll pass an MOT without them?

On the plus side, I really wasn't expecting to find a full set of nearly new Kumho KH17s on it, so that was a big bonus. Coincidentally I had KH17s on my Rallye as well, albeit slightly larger ones...

I put them on. Its in the thread somewhere. The original wheels and tires are still in my shed for some reason. The throttle felt about right for an old french car to me. God knows about the back seat stuff mind. I never ventured back there. Quick shift kits are peanuts on ebay and would removed all the slop and make it even MOAR ralleh car.

Trigger is a top fella by the way, even though he was just holding the car for me and had no financial interest in the sale from JohnK to me, he washed and hoovered it, topped the oil up, and gave this knackered idiot a very welcome can of Pepsi when I rolled up looking a dishevelled mess. Thanks mate, much appreciated!

I've seen this on Facebook, you've just cycled 85 fugging miles? Fuck me I blow out of my arse just having a wank!

You have set a new bar for collection threads. The only way you could have bettered this was to grab a pez station shot with your bike...

Ooh yeah thanks for the reminder, I nearly forgot!

post-20573-0-90816600-1497559184_thumb.jpg

The fuel light came on just as I was pulling into this (rather overpriced) Shell station just before the Orwell Bridge on the A14. I put 10 litres in (so about 2.2 gallons) and then drove 80 miles home. There appears to be plenty left!

You can just about make out the frame of my bike in the back.

Unicycle the man said?

Sitting across from the library, in Wallsend yesterday - young feller tootles up the path on one.

Nope NOT Sideshow Bob.... Just on a mission :)

Never seen it done ... lyke .. as just transport!!

TS