Renner 4 Van-Update!

shite_meister

On Tuesday I was made redundant after only six months, it would've been a dream gig for many as it was in a garage that did classic car restorations. :(

On a lighter note this Renner 4 van that mk2craig aka XR1984 snapped some time ago was snapped up by my (old) boss along with lots of other old shit and more British Leyland/Austin Rover parts than Rimmer Bros!

But this wins!

Posted Image

Yes it does!! First thing was to was the moss/mould/shit off the old girl, took me two days with a pressure washer because under the brush-painted emulsion ( :roll: ) I found some quite sound shiney paint.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The last picture shows it in primer, its had new door skins made from scratch and a new rear cross-member also made from scratch, its been spoilt rotten by skilled craftsmen and all it needs body-wise is rubbing down, painting and it'll be like brand new! Wasn't too bad mechnically just needing attention to the brakes. Nice to see the old thing getting a new lease of life. The company will use it as a parts collection van although anything is for sale at the right price and knowing him it'll have a £32,000 price tag or something equally silly.

BL parts:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ah, I wondered where it had gone to, wasnt in its parking space the last couple of times I passed it, which was a while back now actually.You going to drop into the classic show at the steam fair tomorrow? I'll be biking it there I think, nsf wheelbearing on the Fiesta sounds like its about to go terminal...

Probably not, I've gone most years but last year I realised that it doesn't change-its exacly the same cars in exactly the same positions its been exactly the same for years and I think the entrance fee is a little steep for what it is.look out for the nice metallic red Acclaim near the end of its row, the highlight for me!

Posted Image

I guess you must be meaning this one, I remember it being for sale at £500 a couple of years ago and speaking to the lady who had owned it since 1987...

WOWSER! yeah thats the one, I seem to remember there something that doesn't make it quite mint like a bit of light corrosion by a window or something small but on the whole I'm liking that very much-colour really suits it.

Acclaim-reminds me of my blue corgi Acclaim and if you pushed the flimsy mirrors in the steering would turn.

Posted Image

Nice P6-can't weigh up the the owner though, my old brown P6 sometimes shows there but again the owner is a miserable fucker. What is it with owning a 'classic' and being a miserable shit?

Posted Image

Is that the world's smallest man about to shimmey on down through the sunroof?
And is the bloke behind-in the blue stripes having a slash :lol:

The classic car scene in Jersey [as the 'Meister says] is terminally dull. The same old shite [some of it quite nice, I grant you] turns up time after time. The Old Motor club are incredibly snobbish, as I found out when I turned up for their Boxing Day run some years ago in a rodded Model A, and was "invited to leave" when it provoked more interest from the public than their shiny old shit. Due to our draconian DVS department's inspection system [equivalent of DVLA] importing stuff can be a nightmare, especially if it's been "modified". although they seem to have improved a little since the last head honcho, who was a complete retard, recently retired.We only have one retailer of "classics" over here [the organisation that the 'Meaiter recently got canned from] and he asks ridiculous prices for manky old shite [shagged Rover P6 2200sc auto....£2250?] so if you want something old you have to come to the UK, and hope that the DVS are in a good mood when you present for inspection.However, a friend of mine registered a Pilot a couple of years ago which had a bit of an oil leak, which they failed it on, until he convinced them that ALL sidevalve V8's leaked oil to some degree or other. If you're prepared to fight your corner, and demostrate that you probably know as much as they do, it works wonders, as do the magic words "would you care to put that in writing for my solicitor...]

• 4 months later...

While hawking my XR2 around various places a few weeks back trying to determine if it's worth restoring, I saw the R4 van still in the workshop, didn't look like any progress had been made (and no sign of that Sunbeam sadly).