Garage Wall Number Plates, What Were They On? Now 2023 Edition

MorrisItalSLX

G'day,

I am trying to find out what cars the number plates on my garage wall are from. The issue I have found is my lack of british-ness is making all the reg check websites go FEK OFF AUSSIE SCUM, and all the ones that work require the Make/Model to check!
I suspect the cars they were on have been exported to Australia, hence why the plates are here, but cannot confirm this

Any Ideas?

Here are the ones I have:
EBD216C
EGU353D
N186RGA - Suspected Japanese
OTF163R
E762RNH - TWR Northampton Dealership
NJH368H
AYA272X - Serck
TXC238M
FCL712E
WYF384G
APT212L
NVW298C
GLB873C
MXC276D
C784CHT - Suspected VW or Audi
C785CHT - Suspected VW or Audi
KC06LBF
OBF395
306KR

Cheers!

www.regarchive.com will give registration date period and county administration that issued it but I doubt if any vehicle details will show up on there as I think it is only linked to DVLA anyway.   

Eddy, none are showing up as stolen! 

I suspect some of these may have been Jags or similar with a ready market down-under at some time. 

MorrisItalSLX - is the 306KR one red and white by any chance....Strikes me that may be a trade plate rather than an actual car rego.

Thank goodness for that :)

MorrisItalSLX - is the 306KR one red and white by any chance....Strikes me that may be a trade plate rather than an actual car rego.

When I was a kiddy we had a Morris van, 802 KF, so it could be a proper reg...

www.regarchive.com will give registration date period and county administration that issued it but I doubt if any vehicle details will show up on there as I think it is only linked to DVLA anyway.   

I suspect some of these may have been Jags or similar with a ready market down-under at some time. 

I have used RegArchive before, I added a lot of Wheeler Dealer cars to it!

As for 306KR, it's a black and silver Ace plate, with huge bolt holes in it

Thanks everyone for helping out, it is nice to have some background info for my collection!

EBD216C Vehicle not found

EGU353D Vehicle not found

N186RGA Daihatsu Charade untaxed 2000

OTF163R Vehicle not found

E762RNH Seat Ibiza untaxed 2002

NJH368H Vehicle not found

AYA272X - ERF Lorry untaxed 1995

TXC238M Vehicle not found

FCL712E Vehicle not found

WYF384G Vehicle not found

APT212L Vehicle not found

NVW298C Vehicle not found

GLB873C Vehicle not found

MXC276D Vehicle not found

C784CHT Audi 80 untaxed 1999

C785CHT Audi 100 untaxed 2001

KC06LBF Nissan Navana untaxed 2011

OBF395 Vehicle not found

306KR Vehicle not found

Further to the above:

The Charade N186RGA was white and a 1.0.

OTF136R is a blue Mini 1000 last taxed 1989.

The Ibiza E762RNH was red and a 1.2.

The Audi 80 was a 1.6GL.

The Audi 100 was a 1.8.

The Navara was a blue 2.5 DCi. Why it was untaxed is a mystery as it doesn't have any MOT fails on record. It'd done 112000 miles by 2011.

The Navara was a blue 2.5 DCi. Why it was untaxed is a mystery as it doesn't have any MOT fails on record. It'd done 112000 miles by 2011.

It has the export marker set which suggests this one did find its way down under. None of the others are marked as exported though.

• 5 months later...

THREAD RESURRECTION / UPDATE

I have some more number plates to be identified!

VLO950G

GTN486C

CUV478C

ULO500X

QP9725

Cheers!

Original eBay listing:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5-X-OLD-ENGLISH-NUMBER-PLATES-/322888459126?hash=item4b2da6e376%3Ag%3AlSUAAOSwv~1aDqDt&nma=true&si=WBNKRk7hPWqrLBKKj%252Fe3gqQgfik%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

On my wall I have T61.278 on my wall. It’s an American Plate which came off our families ‘47 Plymouth Special DeLuxe which was scrapped when my family left the country in 1957.

I also have WLJM1220 from Brandenburg, Germany. I bought it from Trabant World in Berlin but I’ve got no idea if it’s actually came off one. Do Germany have a registration plate identification system so I can find what it’s from?

I also have WLJM1220 from Brandenburg, Germany. I bought it from Trabant World in Berlin but I’ve got no idea if it’s actually came off one. Do Germany have a registration plate identification system so I can find what it’s from?

No, Germany has data protection and privacy laws.

Also, WL is Winsen an der Luhe, near Hamburg, 150 miles from Brandenburg, which would be BRB.

I've got a set of Victorian (Victoria the state in Australia) Plates on my wall from our Mitsubishi Sigma Wagon - OUC384 if anybody is interested.

"Victoria on the move" is the slogan so you plate lickers should be able to figure out when we got it registered.

Late 1997, Probably not its original plates then.

• 9 months later...