The Old Beige BX Progress Thread: 17th Feb 2021 - FIN.

strangeangel

It's in the back of the car. Is it yours? Sorry, I didn't know what the arrangement was. Drop me a PM with details if you want it posted back to you!

No, it's not mine, I was just wondering if it would be possible to get a lend of it? Looking to change all the spheres on my BX in the not too distant future

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

On 2/7/2021 at 10:00 PM, Mally said:

Nothing to do with me and I can't help, But I suggest @Ghosty clears this at home before you start organising anything.

I've seen his house and neighbours.

One month of storage has been granted at Chez Ghosty, in gratitude for previous services to spectral shite. 

On 2/10/2021 at 12:37 AM, Ghosty said:

BTW if anyone can keep the BX for longer than a month, please take it on. I don't want to know what'll happen if it outstays its welcome here. It'll either shaft me or the car somehow. 

Just as I said to Strangeangel if things get sticky I'm happy to step in - though I really *shouldn't* as I haven't the space or the time and we're *trying* to keep the spending down right now.

You guys need to save me from myself as I'm starting to talk myself into it.

At least it looks like we might have a plan in place for shifting one of the fleet off site temporarily if needed, which makes things a bit easier... though another project *really* wasn't on the radar!  We really don't have room for an additional car here long term.

Because it would be a project... I'm itching to give that car a good valet, reckon she'd look fantastic with a good polish and wax and the interior given a good scrub up.  The elusive misfire has me intrigued too and I want to try to get to the bottom of it.

Have a friend locally who's into Citroens as well who I'm sure would be happy to lend a hand with some of the bigger jobs - steering rack is the only thing which worries me to be honest.  Is there a replacement with the car or does one still need to be bought...or more to the point be *found?* As I expect finding it will be the hard part.

Could be an interesting lockdown/spring project though...

• strangeangel changed the title to The Beige BX Progress Thread: 13th Feb SAVED :)

Great news... the car's future is assured. It's off to Chez @Zelandeth on Wednesday. There's still a few quid in the pot from last time, as @KruJoe very kindly moved the car for fish and chips last time, but it's going a good bit further on this latest excursion.

I'm still holding about £40, and I will add a few quid to that... any donations will be gratefully received - drop me a PM for details. Thank you!

IMG_1437.JPG

On 2/7/2021 at 10:31 PM, fatharris said:

No, it's not mine, I was just wondering if it would be possible to get a lend of it? Looking to change all the spheres on my BX in the not too distant future emoji1787.pngemoji16.png

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

On 2/7/2021 at 11:00 PM, strangeangel said:

I'm sure something could be arranged 👍

for a go in herman :D

Yep...as said above despite me being threatened with mild maiming by the family, it'll be appearing here in a few days.

There's no *need* to chip in to covering the transport costs as it's coming either way - but anything is really appreciated as the timing really isn't great and as a household are currently out an income (fixed term contracts suck... especially when they end in the middle of a pandemic) and I'd just spent quite a bit on the rest of the fleet.  The next couple of months were meant to be ones where I was keeping the costs down!

Unless I get really stuck with something I'd hope to be able to get things going forward sorted off my own back, but anything towards the initial transport cost is really appreciated.

It's a bit hard to set out a long term plan when I've not even seen the car (I don't think I've ever even seen a photograph of the nearside!)...Though I really don't have room for another permeant resident...so in all likelihood it will be up for grabs again later in the year/next year.  Albeit without an axe hanging over its head and *hopefully* with a current MOT.

Bottom line though, it's heading here and has a safe haven here as long as necessary.

I did have a bit of a moment of "oh god is this fate telling me something?" Moment when I saw the Sterling Motor Group stickers on the BX.  I draw your attention to the shadows of a sticker that obviously was on my Activa at some point...

IMG_20210212_125609.thumb.jpg.5ec4ee3f0f28af3cb6a16f03c1d36b48.jpg

Small world isn't it!

Edited by Zelandeth
bloody autocorrect...

• strangeangel changed the title to The Old Beige BX Progress Thread: 17th Feb 2021 - FIN.
2 hours ago, Tomtation said:

Always good to see some beige BX action! A reg rarity etc too! 😎

Well done that man.

I gotta say though, that rear bumper is really bothering me, although in fairly decent nick it is a MK2 jobbie. Sacrilege!

It's already on my list!  At the very least it will need to be painted the right colour until such point as I can track down the proper part...which will be "fun" I'm sure.  At least if it's colour matched to the front one it will stick out far less like a sore thumb. 

For the sake of anyone reading through this thread in the future, the next chapter in this car's story will begin Over here in my Fleet Blog...

6 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

For Mk1 plastics a request to one of AS's french contingent might be a better bet than looking in the UK; it was hard enough for Bournite to find an early Sierra rear bumper and they sold rather better than the BX.

leboncoin.com is a good place to look too, i've found several bits for my MK1 BX GT over there, including a MK1 air con system for it (absolute bargain, it came with a whole BX!).