The Old Beige BX Progress Thread: 17th Feb 2021 - FIN.

strangeangel

Yes, I think I got that turning to pull out the sender. From memory, it's a black plastic ring with the thread on the outside, and maybe about 10 of those teeth things on the inside, which help us turn it.

Does anyone have some fine (paper) filters like these, which they could bring this weekend?

s-l400.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Universal-Petrol-Inline-Fuel-Filter-LARGE-Car-Part-Fit-6mm-and-8mm-Pipes-/221148063712?hash=item337d73a7e0:g:8esAAOSwYHxWP3Hq

(preferably clear ones so we can see what's going on inside.)

Please shout up if so.

If not, I'll grab them for £3 tonight.

Currently fitted is a gauze one I had with me at Shitefest, but it's not very fine, I'm afraid small lumps might get through it and undo Strangeangel's hard work on the carb.

Any interest in a slightly scruffy, slightly damaged but correct mk1 rear bumper FOC? I can collect and store, just say the word and I'll get on it!

attachicon.gifFB_IMG_1498064321307.jpg

attachicon.gifFB_IMG_1498064328017.jpg

attachicon.gifFB_IMG_1498064335817.jpg

Yes please on the bumper (FWIW I am one of the custodians)! Logistics can be worked out later.

Are we still on for a working party this Sunday, Joe?

What else was on our shopping list, Jaz?

Sorry, Joe, I've not been very motivated this week. The shopping list was/is:

• the aforementioned rad
  • a water pump (cos, while the original does work, we suspect it's as corroded as lots of the other alloy bits of the engine)
  • belts
  • fuel filters (which I see you have)
  • fuel sender (as above)
  • air filter element

If we're still on for Sunday I shall bring spray wax for the fuel/brake lines, and some contact cleaner to try and improve the operation of that beam switch. It would also be good if we could get the electric windows functioning again.

Welll, I persuaded Will to fix the front end and run it about for a couple weeks before he buggered off to the foreign, which he did. Which is nice. My most recent photo:

post-1381-0-07821400-1496181664_thumb.jpg

...in which the back end has sunk whilst running... you may just see the stream of green from under the sill as it dumps its load. Bloody thing. I thought it'd do it good to come out for a warm up and a photo once in a while. That'll teach me.

I had that set of 14" trims from a broken 214, I put them on just to troll Will. He didn't come up with owt better, so they remain. StangeAngel has since donated some better ones, so they'll likely happen.

YES we're still on for Sunday.

post-1381-0-40517700-1489093793_thumb.jpg

Anyone who'd like to attend, please PM me for directions if you don't already have 'em.

The shopping list was/is:

• the aforementioned rad
  • a water pump (cos, while the original does work, we suspect it's as corroded as lots of the other alloy bits of the engine)
  • belts
  • fuel filters (which I see you have)
  • fuel sender (as above)
  • air filter element

The items in red I haven't ordered, the others are either here, or hopefully on the way.