The Old Beige BX Progress Thread: 17th Feb 2021 - FIN.

strangeangel

2. I have free use of a large, secure shed, loads of tools, work benches, and boxes of tat for repairs/bodgery (eg- bits of rubber hoses etc.), so it's a great place to work on a project. The BX is welcome to stay in there for a few weeks, or a bit longer. I am often free on Sundays...

Also, not too far away from here (near Keighley) is my tame MOT place.

My vote would be to take up Joe's kind offer of a berth at Castle_Cleland for a bit, given the points made above - obviously dependent on whether others are able/willing to make the trip to Malham.

I currently enjoy the luxury of only working Mon-Thurs, and would defo be up for working parties; I'm only a passable mechanic at best, but I don't mind weighing in and getting my hands dirty. I'd very much like to see this car back on the road :)

My vote would be to take up Joe's kind offer of a berth at Castle_Cleland for a bit, given the points made above - obviously dependent on whether others are able/willing to make the trip to Malham.

I currently enjoy the luxury of only working Mon-Thurs, and would defo be up for working parties; I'm only a passable mechanic at best, but I don't mind weighing in and getting my hands dirty. I'd very much like to see this car back on the road :)

I mentioned the idea of borrowing Dean_numbers or the bx of many shiters plates for a quick spin up the road but was out voted on count of it being a silly idea...

Holbeck, from your point of view, would you prefer it to return to Wigan soonish? Is that closer?

Also, so I don't have to wade through the old thread, who are the current "owners" please?

If it finds its way oxon bound, or fancies a holiday when it's legal and fixed ill happily detail the fuck out of it, the paintwork is really good, I ciffed a small portion of the rear quarter and it responded well. Or if we have a shitefest next year that will allow it to be washed

I have no financial stake though I'm afraid, although slightly wish I had now after sitting in it for an afternoon!

I think this car is staying in the North, so I will withdraw from ownership interest as six is also probably too many! I'm​ happy to continue to donate to any future crowd funding needs for this beauty.

Right team, listen up!

Who fancies coming up here for a working party this Sunday?

Near Malham, BD23.

Arriving, say, late morning, until we've had enough... I have plenty of gear here, and willingness to assist in any way I can. I'd like* to see if I can get that fuel return sorted for you.

Now we have the sphere tool, we could have a go at that. Are the ones in the car suitable? How much LHM will we need? I think we have a bit from Beko now. It can't be that hard, I'm sure* HBOL will tell us all we need to know.

I want to keep the momentum up if we can, let me know your thoughts...

From when i did my xm's spheres oy a dribble of lhm came out, although if their buggared and full of lhm you might loose a bit, but ive never experienced that. But the level looked fine, so even if it's just low that half a bottle should be enough to keep it topped up until a full hydraflush can be done... The peek I had in the lhm tank showed bright green fluid so it shouldn't be too ancient, it certainly rose spot on

From when i did my xm's spheres oy a dribble of lhm came out, although if their buggared and full of lhm you might loose a bit, but ive never experienced that.

If they feel 'tight' on the threads as you are unscrewing them (assuming in low to depressurise the system) then it means that the diaphragm has burst and is pressurising the system still. So move your face well away as you loosen the final thread!

It's happened to me twice; both completely unexpected. The second time the sphere was only a year old (changing to fit comfort spheres) so I assumed the tightness was thread damage. I was spitting rainbows for hours!

If they feel 'tight' on the threads as you are unscrewing them (assuming in low to depressurise the system) then it means that the diaphragm has burst and is pressurising the system still. So move your face well away as you loosen the final thread!

It's happened to me twice; both completely unexpected. The second time the sphere was only a year old (changing to fit comfort spheres) so I assumed the tightness was thread damage. I was spitting rainbows for hours!

post-5612-0-27899600-1496867162_thumb.jpg