New server bug report thread: please post bugs and issues here

Slartibartfast

Hi,

Since I had to accelerate the move to the new server and wasn't able to test as thoroughly as I'd like, there will almost certainly be bugs and issues. Please list them below.

Many thanks for your patience.

Ones I know about already:

1. Tapatalk doesn't work. This is unlikely to be fixed until autoshite.com is back in service.
  2. Pound signs render as A£. The is a byproduct of the DB export > Import and conversion to UTF8 process. Newly added symbols seem to render fine, it's the existing ones. I'll address this is possible.
  3. The three links in the header: ROFFLES, FOR SALE and Open Forums link to autoshite.com

I noticed that the Arabic characters in Lord_Sterling's signature don't render correctly either - related to #2 and UTF-8 or UTF-16 I suspect.

*edit* - 'contactus' link in the bottom left of the page is broken too. Possibly remove it?

If I goto Autoshite.com (i.e. root), it redirects me to http://autoshite.com/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

I had that earlier on mobile, and I think it's a cached redirect in browser. The reason I say that is because cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi is a cpanel thing, and this site isn't running cpanel any more, and none of the cpanel config came over in the server move. We are now cpanel free. I suspect if you try in a different web browser that you've not visited autoshite on during the outage you won't get the same behaviour.

Works in incognito mode, so looks like to be cached. I imagine that cPanel must have set a 301 redirect from the original homepage when it was down, with the cache-control header sent to a long time. I wonder how many people think AS is still down when they get the 404 page coming up when going to the root URL.

Works in incognito mode, so looks like to be cached. I imagine that cPanel must have set a 301 redirect from the original homepage when it was down, with the cache-control header sent to a long time. I wonder how many people think AS is still down when they get the 404 page coming up when going to the root URL.

I am in awe/terror of people who can speak in this strange alien tongue ..... it's like witchcraft, only more so.

Tapatalk. It's working (quickly!) to read posts, but all pictures come up as broken images.

Doesn't matter if I'm at home on the WiFi or using 4G, every single picture is busted. If I go on the mobile website, all works fine.

It did it briefly a few months back (so before the server swap) but just on the eBay thread - it appeared then that it was somehow related to Autoshite fetching images from eBay and serving them up to Tapatalk. I dunno, I don't really know how Tapatalk works or why there would be a difference but for a week all the pictures in other threads worked, and eBay tat didn't.

Now, it's all pictures in all threads that are busticated. I suspect it's not related directly to the server swap so I would assign a priority level of "Meh, whatevAr m8" to it but I thought with our super-whizzo upgraded admins, they might know what the craic is.