OUTAGE: autoshite.com showing default website template

Slartibartfast

Guest Breadvan72

Thanks, Action Tech Dudes!    

PS:  I suppose that at least it shows that he of whom we are forbidden to speak still has some of DEM SKILLZ YO!

#grudgingadmiration 

#ifonlyhewouldusehispowersforgood

Guest Breadvan72

I don't follow

It appears that he of whom we are absolutely forbidden to speak had just skill enough to take the site down for a while.  But luckily he was quickly outmatched by you guys.  Thanks, you guys!

It appears that he of whom we are absolutely forbidden to speak had just skill enough to take the site down for a while. But luckily he was quickly outmatched by you guys. Thanks, you guys!

Dave moan beef moan you guys moan me me you moan whinge whine you me Dave moan grumble my last word moan.

Dude, seriously. Just why?

Guest Breadvan72

Maybe you should try Scientology or something like that, as you seem to enjoy cult membership.    Have you not noticed what your hero has been up to lately?

BTW:  there are some other people on this thread, not all of them members of the cult  Your stalking of me is deeply flattering, but feel free to share it around a bit in the interests of caring and sharing.  

EDIT:  see below for outbreak of peaceful happies.  No more snarkage.

Bigger hands. Smaller hair.

I was going to send you a PM Breadvan sir, but will post it publicly.

I am not a Dave apologist as such, but a fierce fan of Autoshite. Stuff has got a tad out of hand lately. I apologise for anything inflammatory that I have said. Can we just get back to normal ish now?

Friends?

Indeed so... Am sat here at the moment with a Saab that occasionally wont start, a Rover 75 with a leaking thermostat and an MG ZT ditto. Also have had a grump with Breadvan on here. Shit happens. Life goes on. Sorry to Breadvan. The thermostat housing on both cars will be fixed. The Saab issue is next.

Actually, I disagree.

The problem is now fixed, it seems, thanks to some sterling efforts by Slartibartfast (and others, I'm guessing).

Now IS the time for an inquest. If everything went tits up because, well, it's just one of those IT things, then fair enough, we all move on. But if it was anything else, we deserve to know, particularly if it was malicious and even more so if isuch actions were orchestrated by anyone formerly of this parish.

Well done guys. Whatever's happened in the past it doesn't really matter now. The main thing is we've got our site back and the future is looking good.

Actually, I disagree.

The problem is now fixed, it seems, thanks to some sterling efforts by Slartibartfast (and others, I'm guessing). It now IS the time for an inquest. If everything went tits up because, well, it's just one of those IT things, then fair enough, we all move on. But if it was anything else, we deserve to know, particularly if it was malicious and even more so if isuch actions were orchestrated by anyone formerly of this parish.

Guest Breadvan72

I have got up early to see if there is any beer left for breakfast.  I join Bob in being a fierce fan of Autoshite, and also in hugs and snoggings.   Thanks to mega efforts by the new team the site now seems assured of a happily shonky future.

Actually, I disagree.

The problem is now fixed, it seems, thanks to some sterling efforts by Slartibartfast (and others, I'm guessing). It now IS the time for an inquest. If everything went tits up because, well, it's just one of those IT things, then fair enough, we all move on. But if it was anything else, we deserve to know, particularly if it was malicious and even more so if isuch actions were orchestrated by anyone formerly of this parish.

I disagree back.

Yes, if the outage was a deliberate action caused by somebody throwing their toys out of the pram then it was extremely childish and petulant.  But what, exactly, would be gained by finding out (apart from allowing some people to feel smug and say "I told you so")?  The site is back, it's working and Slarti is doing a superb job in getting everything sorted - and that, I an confident, is all that the vast majority of people on here really give a shit about.  We've had enough disharmony on here in the last few weeks to last a lifetime.

We may never truly know the reason for the issues of yesterday, an odd server issue of unfortunate timing, an honest mistake or something else entirely.

However, I will say this. A swordsman should never enter battle without fresh underwear. I think we can safely say that the current team are wearing some of the freshest possible grunners the internet has ever seen.

I'd have been distraught to see this forum vanish, so, thank you very much for sorting it out.

Well done chaps, well done.

Guest Breadvan72

Thanks Mr Slarti and the rest of the team who have put in massive efforts. You have not been helped by those who couldn't restrain themselves from pouring fat onto the fire.

Who would those be?  

Whenever I hear that a person has had their car nicked, or had their shed set on fire, or been punched in a pub, I always blame that person.  The car thief, arsonist, or face puncher is, of course, never to blame.  The car, shed, or face owner is even more to blame if he or she has ever said "some bloke has threatened to nick my car/burn my shed/chin me oot, but I hope he doesn't".     Well, that was just asking for it.  That's just like letting women go to bars in short skirts wearing make up, and all that. 

Guest Breadvan72

I don't see any need for an inquest, because that would be pointless in any event, even if it was not already bleedin' obvious what happened.  It remains mildly entertaining that some still seem inclined to toss barbs at anyone but the person who might actually have had something to do with the recent IT wobbles. But the power of faith is strong, so follow the gourd (or the shoe, or whatever).

Inquest? Let's be frank... Who really gives a shit. It's done, problems over. Things are back working, significantly faster than before and hopefully more stable with more experienced admins. Turn over the page, start a new chapter and let's not speak of the troubled past again.

So let us continue the addiction by injecting that sweet, sweet Autoshite into our veins and hit those craving dopamine receptors once again.

(Incidentally I believe in cockup before conspiracy. I reckon the cPanel licence bill or similar wasn't paid on time and the system auto terminated itself. Especially​ given it's only just the turn of the month and there would be a couple of days leeway. Either way it was enough of a push to go live with the new.)

I don't see any need for an inquest, because that would be pointless in any event, even if it was not already bleedin' obvious what happened.  It remains mildly entertaining that some still seem inclined to toss barbs at anyone but the person who might actually have had something to do with the recent IT wobbles. But the power of faith is strong, so follow the gourd (or the shoe, or whatever).

Neck winding mechanism still not fixed.