Stupid car names

bunglebus

The Ford Ka needs a mention too, it's meant to be pronounced "car" and mean spirit/soul IIRC - but even Ford refer to it as a K A because it's too confusing otherwise.

I always went with Ka, as in UlriKa KA KA KA!

I think the official pronunciation is "Kaaar"

Some of the newer Mercedes models have odd names.

Fancy a GLAd?

Nissan Micra must be the one for special editions tbh, Ally, Vibe, Shape, Celebration to name a few. 

Never quite got the base model Renault spec "Authentique" either, obviously meaning Authentic, what exactly about it is Authentic? whereas the others, Expression, Dynamique, Privilege, Intiale, make a bit more sense, although the fat arse Megane 2006 "Maxim" special edition just makes me think of the Maxim magazine. 

Bedford Rascal? Vauxhall Arena van? Seat Exeo (Exeo isnt a place is it like all the other Seat cars named after Spanish places) Datsun Stanza, Honda Stream, Nissan Note, Renault Koleos, 

Ford Probe - Who wants a Ford shoved up their arse?

While you're around that part of the body, one of my mates alway called it Ford Pube. Might as well have been, after this party boy* bought one and buggered its rep.

_58676790_haguepa.jpg

Whoever worked in the 'naming' department at the time was having a laugh naming two of their range as PROBE and COUGAR. They had to throw out WANG as it was pushing things a bit too much.

Ford Edsel

A car with this name never existed.

But a Mohs Ostentatienne Opera Sedan does.

So do the Renault LeCar, Honda That's, Isuzu P'up, Great Wall Wingle, Toyota Deliboy, Volugrafo Bimbo,

Mazda Scrum Wagon, Honda Life Dunk, Isuzu Mysterious Utility Wizard, Suzuki Every Joypop Turbo,

Mazda Carol Me Lady, Geely Rural Nanny and Daihatsu Naked.

But the most stupid award must surely go the Ferrari LaFerrari.

Daihatsu Naked.

Was just about to post this.  Naked? Naked. I don't know if it is still the case but in Japan in the 90's English words that were considered pleasant to look at were very popular to plaster on stuff, even if the final sentence made no sense. Daihatsu Naked could be an example of that.

Daihatsu_Naked_001.JPG