SOLD - £500 poverty spec 1996 Jaaaaag XJ6 SPORT*, Test November

Skoze

Hello chodrades,

With the imminent return of my Land Rover to daily transport duties I think it's time to find a new home for my best Jag.

Bought it because cheap Jag at the end of last year and it's done a sterling service since, never let me down and done around 3000 miles in my ownership.

It's got a certain je ne sais quoi about it but it's also very much a dirt cheap XJ6. Like a rescue pup pissing on a blanket at Battersea.

As below; slightly beat up blue 1996 XJ Sport, 3.2 straight six, originally bought by someone who couldn't afford any of the optional extras (seriously just look at all the missing relays in the fuse box it's hilarious)

Anyway, i'll start with the bad bits;

It's done 170k and the history is MIA, a bit crusty round the arches, two pinholes in the bootlid and some grot on the leading edge of the bonnet that only ever closes on one side, there's also a few dents and scrapes just about everywhere, the paint on the roof and bonnet "needs some suncream mate" according to a guy in Basildon on Friday, wheels could do with a balance as it doesn't think much of 50-53mph, slight PAS leak (I top it up maybe once a fortnight with lots of round town driving) diff whines a bit as they all do (mate) and it gives a good hearty clunk to let you know you're in reverse, ABS light on, inhibitor switch can be a bit dicky so sometimes needs starting in neutral rather than park.

Good bits;

"it looks gangster as fuck though mate I like it mate" so continued our Basildon friend before he went and had a barney with the missus outside Harvester, it drives straight, the brakes are bloody good, the engine is smooth and it shifts well when you ask it to, gearbox is smooth in all forward gears, incredibly comfy half leather seats (I know, right?!), good set of Maxxis tyres all round, 8" sport alloys which seem to sell well should you end up pulling it to bits, electrics and instruments all work, alright JVC head unit in it which is currently locked in to a great pirate station for bigginitupjungliststyleind'aaaaaarea and the overall look of the vehicle gives you right of way over just about everyone. It's a very nice place to be when you're driving. Test til November.

post-4106-0-05691600-1495957358_thumb.jpg

post-4106-0-52669000-1495957380_thumb.jpg

post-4106-0-76112300-1495957407_thumb.jpg

post-4106-0-29598400-1495957338_thumb.jpg

post-4106-0-56654300-1495957429_thumb.jpg

post-4106-0-84137300-1495957448_thumb.jpg

As much as I hate the phrase, it really is what it is; everything you'd hope for and more for a car up for less than 2% it's original retail price. Speaking of which, not sure what exactly to value it at but £600 is what it owes me, would be delighted to see that back.

The shite is right; located in Southend, Essex, can deliver it to near the M25 if that's of any help.

PM me or text/ whatsapp me on 07890766240.

Big up yourself,

Matt

If there's a better car in this world for an asking price of £600 I'm flipped if I've seen it.

Those seats are so gopping as to actually be fantastic. If this doesn't sell on here something is very, very wrong.

a dirt cheap XJ6. Like a rescue pup pissing on a blanket at Battersea.

As if the beginning of this quote wasn't enough, you had to pour double cream over the cake with the rescue-pup reference.  I got paid last week, £701.  Are you a serpent in your supervillain life?

It does look tempting at this price and if needed I am sure a second hand set of leather seats could be sourced, whilst the rusty wheel arches look sortable over the summer. I am tempted myself, if I don't pay the mortgage this month I can buy the jag and live in it instead ( goes away to seriously consider this option ).

I am sure a second hand set of leather seats could be sourced

Woah there, let's not go messing with this fine interior just yet! It's genuinely like going round your nan's house, so comfortable.

Eddy, I'm no serpent but I do have a hand on the knob of the door to your future.

Seriously though, offers considered, px/ finance may be available...

I thought I passed this down by Rochford station at the weekend but said car didn't have tinted rear lenses. 

Looked good though.  Great thing to smoke around in.

Certainly seem to be a few people appreciating the old smokers at the moment locally! It is brilliant, I wish I had a reason to keep it. Think the 3.9 V8 is gonna keep my wallet occupied enough without this to add to the mix...

As we're in June, i'm gonna drop the price to £500 - it's like Shite finance. £100 a month for each remaining month of ticket. 

Sorry chaps, I've been absolutely flat out at work past week or so and as such only just got to check in!

While I would've happily sent it in the direction of my right honourable gentleman's driveway, it's actually got a buyer and is already booked up for a trip to the Nurburgring. God speed that brave soul.