State

Joloke

Yeah, remove proper hardware and replace it with some feeble European excuse for a proper engine.

Well done.

I can't understand why people do that either, crazy!

Mind you, it gets worse. Over on the blue forum I was reading a thread about a big old yank, can't remember what it was as I can't find the thread now (I think it was an Olds) but they put an Iveco diesel from a van into it!! Wtf!?

I mentioned a Dodge pickup in one of my CCB columns last year.... 1981 Dodge Ram, ambulance body removed, ex-army pickup bed in its place; all in white with the original red interior.  360V8 and four-on-the-floor!  I so nearly bought it (this was in 2000 or 2001).  Anyway I couldn't raise the money in time and someone else got it.  Fast forward a year or two and it pops up on ebay.  Army green, like a thousand others, and minus the 360.  Where that sat was now a Nissan diesel out of a Patrol!  Ruined for life and probably now scrapped, as that would be the kindest thing to do with it.

I don't understand why one would do that.  If you buy a car with no engine, ok, put in whatever you can get, but at least TRY to get something more or less correct!

We have a 1994 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe. It has a 32v 4.6 Northstar with 295 bhp and will pick up its skirts in quite an undignified way. I bought it to Shitefest 2014 in Wales where obversely being LHD and wide was only a problem to oncoming traffic not me!

I say "we" have a Cadillac but it is very much Mrs 6C choice and I have bid on and chased a couple of 1994/5 Mustang 5.0 GTs like Joloke, but have been a £100 or £200 away from the winning bid. I now think Mustang prices are on the rise and my budget will not be enough. We have also been trying to buy an early Chrysler Sebring convertible for some time but all the cars I have looked at are in poor condition. The odd late ninety's Chrysler LHS has been viewed as well.

post-4787-0-16429900-1496066924_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-78396400-1496067004_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-11214100-1496067137_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-74532900-1496067158_thumb.jpg

Fox be damned, tell us about the 64 Galaxie!!!!!!!

6 1/2 years ago the same friend took a shine to this Galaxie 500 local to me, we went to it in the snow and had to go back for a test drive. It is a 390cu 3 speed auto (started as a 352cu). It had brakes issues because of low vacuum with a miss matched cam, we both enjoyed it as much as you can a 10 mpg car. I am guessing the miss match cam was the problem with the fuel consumption as well as I was expecting 12-16 mpg.

I say we enjoyed it because my friend was moving from Scotland to Devon and said he could not take it on unless I looked after it while he sorted himself out, that lasted for 14 months. I was free to drive it as much as I could afford!

It is currently having a few jobs done and the car is local to me, but my friend is back in Scotland so maybe I will get to drive it again when it returns to the road.

post-4787-0-65406100-1496072624_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-15122800-1496072644_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-76296400-1496072664_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-32399400-1496072690_thumb.jpg

Do not resist. Give in and buy!

Then get some pics up on here.

Hmmm well the boss hasn't completely shit on the idea, although I might have to let her go to Dubai with her mates as a bribe..

Anyone know what a fair price for a '86 running and driving but needs welding Camaro is worth?

Maximum of one third of whatever the seller is asking. You can bet they will be wanting top whack, do not touch if it's in four figures.

Up for £1800 which I thought was too much. It's got a few trick bits, nice wheels, edelbrock intake, etc. Guess it depends how bad the rust is..

Nice Fox :)

Noticed that they almost seem to have disappeared but lately they are surfacing again and keep appearing on Fleabay. Almost seems like somebody has been hoarding foxes LOL!

For a long time values were in the doldrums...people STILL break them just for the engine and box, whereas in the u.S they are the hot ticket at the moment. Maybe that's encouraging people to sell?

My friend with the Fox and Galaxie also has this 1971 Corvette 350 cu auto. It is currently being painted, not that it was bad before just a bit of the usual fibreglass stuff.

Once again I got 1st dibs on his new toy 4 years ago when he got it because the seller would delivery it locally and he was in Devon. My house rules are any interesting car can lodge with me but I have to be able to drive it. Well could you bare having a fully working and legal Corvette on your drive and not be able to drive it!

post-4787-0-55825200-1496131960_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-07272700-1496131978_thumb.jpg