Selling a car to someone who lives abroad

raggerminder

I am today selling a car to a German who is flying in to pick it up and drive iot back to Germany.

I am, however, not sure about what to complete on the V5C as I am not "personaly exporting the vehicle"  which to me implies that I will continue to be the owner. (Section 11)

Should I just pass on the gren slip (Section 10) in the usual fashion and send off the front page as normal?

My old 635 went to Luxembourg in the same way. Guy flew over and drove back. I did as DVLA have told you, and it now has an export marker on it. He needed the V5 for his journey, and possible Luxembourg registration, although I think he just broke it for its. He told me he'd only bought it for the front seats!!!

My mate sold his old CLK to a chap that was exporting it. The chap paid, got a receipt and then tried taking the whole V5. My mate was having non of it, saying that if he gave him the full V5 it would probably be used in some sort of criminal activity or something, there was absolutely no way he was doing that.

He wouldn't let the chap go with the car and spent about 45 minutes on the phone who told him to give him the whole V5 at which point my mate sheppishly gave him the keys of the car he'd paid for and let him leave, with the V5.

As above , Sold my Camaro to a guy in Spain. He turned up with a car transporter with two cars loaded already.

Cash changed hands, V5 Handed over, receipt signed etc....

Bloody scary watching a Camaro wheel spin to buggery trying to get up the ramps though :-o

14421303028_3676b40607_b.jpg