Shite in your town, in ye olden times.

Cavcraft

Plenty of Chod in this, including a recklessly driven Spitfire at 11:10ish;

Cumbernauld is now quite unlike the urban utopia portrayed in this video. Little chod of note either, just a load of leased Kias seeing as they operate the only franchised dealer in the town. 

Pepper Street council offices, 1965

45259790_10161332932960529_1799578364877

Call yourself a Vauxhall Licker, 1965 ? Really ? ( and the Mk2 Cortina, Arrow Rootesmoblies , possibly the Simca if it's a 13/1501) all point to at least a year later.

Not just one, but two Ford Zephyr MkIVs as well - so yes, 1966 at a bare minimum.

(But hey - as Johnny Logan would have it, what's another year?)

Call yourself a Vauxhall Licker, 1965 ? Really ? ( and the Mk2 Cortina, Arrow Rootesmoblies , possibly the Simca if it's a 13/1501) all point to at least a year later.

I was just cheekily sharing someone else's picture.

carnival-1981-B82.jpg

1981carnival3.jpg

Ugh, clown.

Going through this thread again, I've just noticed (even though I previously liked the pictures due to Panda content...) that that looks like a Fiat 127 pick-up with the panda cage on the back...

^ I remember that winter, being 30-ish miles away in Malvern.  I was in the pantomime at the Festival Theatre (one of Captain Hook's more hefty pirates...) and a bunch of us walked there and back through the snowdrifts at -20 on several nights.

The show must go on, and all that shizzle.

XG is a Middlesbrough issue and BXG is a May 1951 to May 1952 issue, so that Vanguard was a survivor when that photo was taken...

That made me check the DVLA...

BXG 648 - Grey 1952 Standard...Taxed - Tax due 1st July 2019!!!!

• 1 month later...

I remember Lawton & Wilson's previous premises on Millbrook Road East.  It's been developed now, but they had a long narrow forecourt just enough to chevron a dozen or so tripods in similar fashion to the colour photo (which is on Shirley Road, about half a mile away) 

The was a little parapet running along the kerbside edge of the forecourt so the Reliants had to be fed in one at a time. 

One early morning I was coming home through town from some late night shenanigans and somebody had lifted every Regal's  front wheel onto the parapet so that they all looked like they were trying to escape.... 

forgot to add....the colour photo I would have said is very early 1980s based on my memories....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...