Can someone answer this..Cash in Transit Vehicles.

0ldCh0d

They hardly look armoured though - I can see an extra chubb lock on the back door and that's it.

Probably more for secure mail and stuff than carting around the crown jewels.

Having said that - totalcarcheck says that all three with visible registrations are marked as "exported", two untaxed and one SORN and no valid MOTs.

I have no knowledge of the vans, but from working somewhere that got currency deliver from both G4S and their rival loomis.I mainly remember the guards on loomis moaning how all their stuff was crap in comparison to G4S, no air con etc...

Definitely a job I don't fancy, a real case of when not if you get bashed over the noggin. All for a probably usless pile of dyed notes, the guards all reckoned the majority of 'hits' were chances that were sophisticated enough to deal with what they'd got away with.

They look ex British Gas to me. But they ditched that colour just before I left in 2010. Think they replaced vans every 4 years, maybe 5.

I thought old British Gas Vans ended up in the auctions, I am pretty sure they used to go through, wee combo's & the VW Caddy things they have now? 

Those are nothing more than fitted with extra locks etc.

Trying to have one a way to inspect it is fruitless.

Just to get inside one (approx 10 years ago) took the following.

Key code this got you into a drum that just held one person, it turned 90 degrees, then entered your personnel code which confirmed your I'd then weighed you (minor variance allowed).

It then turned another 90 grieving you access to the int (also varied time delays) for all procedures.

The driver then had a 2nd round of this to get to cab.

Then has to contact base (via radio) give a certain code he is then given another (with a time restraint) to get the vehicle to start.

Anymore than a minor deviation (few streets)from its route will result in the vehicle shutting down

The eng & bay are fully enclosed as is fuel system.

It carries full lift support systems Inc chemical/gas attack.

Crew are all in seperate compartments.

A complete systems failure meens an hour plus to manually enter with correct equipment.

Non correct equipment would need to be serious kit.

Forget gas tackle,stihl saws, explosives etc they'll barely scratch one.

This is why it's all down to hacking accounts etc now.

Easier to rip a cashpoint out of the wall with a jcb then?

Even easier to fill the cash machine/building area with propane or acetylene and light it. Big boom, machine blown to pieces and money everywhere. That seems to be the favourite around here nowadays.

Those are nothing more than fitted with extra locks etc.

Trying to have one a way to inspect it is fruitless.

Just to get inside one (approx 10 years ago) took the following.

Key code this got you into a drum that just held one person, it turned 90 degrees, then entered your personnel code which confirmed your I'd then weighed you (minor variance allowed).

It then turned another 90 grieving you access to the int (also varied time delays) for all procedures.

The driver then had a 2nd round of this to get to cab.

Then has to contact base (via radio) give a certain code he is then given another (with a time restraint) to get the vehicle to start.

Anymore than a minor deviation (few streets)from its route will result in the vehicle shutting down

The eng & bay are fully enclosed as is fuel system.

It carries full lift support systems Inc chemical/gas attack.

Crew are all in seperate compartments.

A complete systems failure meens an hour plus to manually enter with correct equipment.

Non correct equipment would need to be serious kit.

Forget gas tackle,stihl saws, explosives etc they'll barely scratch one.

This is why it's all down to hacking accounts etc now.

Have they got tyres that when punctured or blown out can reinflate themselves like Bonds 7 series Beemer in Tomorrow Never Dies aswell? Lol 

Can the crims not hack the G4S or Securicor system to get access codes to enable entry etc. and steal the safety deposit boxes? usually where crime is concerned, when hoods want something bad enough where theres a will theres a way. 

I worked for securicor, then g4s for years. The usable vans are exported to the likes of Africa etc. The rest that have come to the end of their service are scrapped. Kept in service for around 10 years. The transits were great and very user friendly. All the mercs use biometric finger print recognition for entry and exit. Fred's from memory was never a securicor van (having driven them for years) but I could be mistaken. UVG and Bedwas coachbuilders manufactured the armoured vans, and also manufactured ambulances too. Some supermarket chains had their own vehicles and staff back in the day. The post office sell off their old armoured mercs (at least they used too), and a coach builders in NI remanufactured them for general resale.

post-17341-0-42873900-1495500694_thumb.jpg

post-17341-0-38679300-1495500721_thumb.jpg

No doubt Fred's van is a thing of beauty, but it wasn't a securicor van. Bank bullion van makes more sense.

I remember being locked in the rear of mk2 transits all day! The rear man was locked inside at base! No fancy secuity!!! No air con!! Just a fan mounted to the wall. Mk2's didn't have individual safes for transporting cash, the bags were literally piled on the floor in a heap!! Some sorting out at every stop!

The boxes were passed out through the transfer hatch. Early boxes were called smoke boxes. They had two gas canisters which were controlled by a radio transmitter worn by the courier. When boxes were stolen and the robber ran off, when he lost the radio signal the box activated. Red smoke came from the box like a red arrow as he ran away, or the getaway vehicle as it drove off. Ahhh the good old days!

The money wasn't really destroyed by an activated box back then! Best bit was the combination pad lock securing the boxes!! With the combination written on the side!!!

Those mk12a smiley transits (mk12 securicor naming by developments) above weren't locked in as such. The driver went in to the rear to let the passenger out via an interlocking system. Sometimes they failed and the bolt wouldn't retract, resulting in the rear guy having to climb out the fire escape on the roof!

Tyres as far as I know we're foam filled (similar to fuel tanks.

base reply is Constantly changed & presume unless jammed any deviation will result in the vehicle shutting down.

No and no. Somebody telling you fibs

I'm just going on what I was told by mate that used to build them who had no reason to lie.

They built the lorry ones not van ones.

Not doubting what your mate told you brother. No foam filled tyres, ordinary tyre retailers regularly attend the depots and fit, replace, repair tyres on site. Nothing special there. The vehicles do have failsafe measures for alarm activations and tampering, which shut down the security systems, and lock down all the payload, but the vehicles must be driven to a place of safety, to effect repairs or be recovered. Vehicles themselves are not shut down. Just speaking from personal experience.