Old Travellers Trucks Photos

trigger

Just stubbled across this website http://www.travellerhomes.co.uk/

Seems to be lots of old 80's photos of travellers and the great unwashed and some of there trucks, vans and buses.

Some proper old shite here which is well worth a look!, Just click on the links on the left hand side!.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ex-Hearse

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And so on, You get the Idea! 8):roll:

Just love that Princess pick-up :shock: Favourites though are the FGs with threepenny-bit cabs. Too many there to put them on here, so:

http://www.travellerhomes.co.uk/?s=60

AFAIK 'Traveller Dave' who set up the site now travels France in a converted Albion luton; I've seen it from time to time in Charge Utile (French mag for old commercials, agri-shite, etc) - 'Notre ami d'Angleterre Dave, avec son Albion' :)

With no disrespect to anybody who was part of the whole new age traveller thing, and at the risk of over-generalising, I always wondered where these types got the funds to buy and maintain some of the kit. Old buses/coaches costing a few hundred sovs - understandable, ex-utility TKs etc only a few years old - surely bankrolled by mummy and daddy?

With no disrespect to anybody who was part of the whole new age traveller thing, and at the risk of over-generalising, I always wondered where these types got the funds to buy and maintain some of the kit. Old buses/coaches costing a few hundred sovs - understandable, ex-utility TKs etc only a few years old - surely bankrolled by mummy and daddy?

and did they have the proper licences to drive them ?????

Why do you think they do all that juggling? :wink:

Some mates turned up in something like this at a festival. They spent the whole thing in the back (which was blacked out with no windows and just candles) taking drugs and not sleeping. There were just matresses on the floor. Think it was an emulsion painted (Black) 60's diesel Dodge van.

Bang on. You can guarantee all of them have nice trust funds and are called Jemina, Rupert and Tarquin etc. '...if you call your dad he can stop it all' as Jarvis Cocker once said.

When they got a good pasting off OB that time many moons back I have to say had I been around there I'd have given anything for a police uniform and a truncheon.I worked with one of these 'right on' nuggets who was anti-everything but happy to take money from one of the world's biggest employers.

I've browsed that site looking at the excellent 60's and 70's Leyland and BMC commercial chod. The Ex- Telecom Boxers are ace and theres even a grail-esque glimpse of a Morris FM with the big snout for the pushed-forward engine :D Cant stand the lentil-munching gimps that drive them though.

VNK911JDate of Liability 01 08 2002 Date of First Registration 04 03 1971 Year of Manufacture Not Available Cylinder Capacity (cc) 3519CC CO2 Emissions Not Available Fuel Type Heavy Oil Export Marker Not Applicable Vehicle Status Unlicensed Vehicle Colour BLUE Vehicle Type Approval null Sadly looks like its no more :(

VNK911JDate of Liability 01 08 2002 Date of First Registration 04 03 1971 Year of Manufacture Not Available Cylinder Capacity (cc) 3519CC CO2 Emissions Not Available Fuel Type Heavy Oil Export Marker Not Applicable Vehicle Status Unlicensed Vehicle Colour BLUE Vehicle Type Approval null Sadly looks like its no more :(

Its still around or was recently, for sale on that traveller homes site.Someones compiled a nice list of all surviving Bedfraud twin-steer coaches: http://wakefield-files.freehostia.com/B ... l-list.htmDont know where they get 3519cc from for the one above tho, I'm sure they were all a lot meatier than that.