Cars in Colour

BorniteIdentity

6 hours ago, Soundwave said:

Saw this a few weeks back. The picture doesn't do it justice, it was an extremely vibrant gold-yellow, with a hint of green depending on the light. Apparently a special order factory colour called Dragon Skin Gold. 

20221014_132235.jpg

It's a colour they used on some of their concept cars, see the Vision C which was essentially the prototype mk3 Superb. I've only seen it on new Superbs. I don't know if it wasn't available on lesser cars or its such a high cost option that it just wouldn't make financial sense on a Fabia. 

Similar to the Felicia Golden Prague. 

8e8c4c705f494588847590a902ddd11b--php.jpg.b131feba4dbbeb288a662c700a883be1.jpg

This was another motor show car. This colour was never offered to the public. Neither were the headlights or wheels or interior but it would be a bit of a stretch to call it a concept car. 

41 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Thanks, those SRV vehicles have completely passed me by, for some reason. What's under the bonnet?

Nothing, it's a pedal car. 

I'm joking, I've actually no idea. I'm guessing the A Series just about fits as the front overhang is much longer than the standard car. Cooling looks challenging though. 

Though that one looks like it would smash your ankles to bits. I don't know if there is an optimal place to be hit by a car, I'd have thought half way up the thigh, that's the most padded bit with the strongest bones but that's pure guesswork, I haven't done any actual research. 

I believe think in has changed since those experimental cars. The thought then was to hit the pedestrian low and scoop them up  onto the bonnet so that they don’t bounce off and you then run over them. That’s why there’s a bar around the front  that is supposed flip up when you’ve hit your victim.

Current thinking is quite different and vehicle fronts are supposed to be as flat and bluff as possible to spread the load and push the victim away. Maybe this assumes brakes are better and the car will have stopped before running over the body.

I seem to remember a Marina-based SRV car with a similar front to the one shown.

3 minutes ago, Three Speed said:

I believe think in has changed since those experimental cars. The thought then was to hit the pedestrian low and scoop them up  onto the bonnet so that they don’t bounce off and you then run over them. That’s why there’s a bar around the front  that is supposed flip up when you’ve hit your victim.

I wonder if you hit the pedestrian low you induce rotation so you effectively ensure their head smacks into the bonnet or windscreen. Hence the idea of spreading the load across the front seems to make sense.

9 hours ago, MiniMinorMk3 said:

It would have been Inca originally. Mimosa was only on TR7s in 1974-75.

Yes it’s a 1977 car , so Inca, but I think the writers are mixing up their South American civilisations, because Lance clearly says it’s Aztec yellow. Slightly embarrassing for a show partly concerned with ancient history.

Sticking with small Fiats but from a different century. 

Tried getting my Škoda in the same shot as they're a similar shade with limited success. 

IMG_20221102_091225.thumb.jpg.df8e903a7e4a0beea31b0f04202ecd30.jpg

You can also just make out the interior is yellowy green, a colour combination I thought died out with British Leyland in the 70s.

IMG_20221102_091742.thumb.jpg.079006271400a9a4802a6c125fcd962a.jpg