Cars in Colour

BorniteIdentity

13 minutes ago, Tamworthbay said:

Is Carl’s mini finally on the road?

No Clive.

The way it is in the picture is how it is right now. he is edging closer though. I think he has been fitting the interior. David Wilson has been building a custom loom for it and that has really set things back as its taken ages

30 minutes ago, Ben_O said:

No Clive.

The way it is in the picture is how it is right now. he is edging closer though. I think he has been fitting the interior. David Wilson has been building a custom loom for it and that has really set things back as its taken ages

At least it’s getting there, sadly the Capri is still awaiting me finding a way to get some paint on it :-( the guy who promised to do it with me has proved more than a little unreliable and I have given up on that front, so progress has been ridiculously slow sadly. Say hello to Carl for me the next time you see him, tell him to drop in when he is passing next.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthbay said:

At least it’s getting there, sadly the Capri is still awaiting me finding a way to get some paint on it :-( the guy who promised to do it with me has proved more than a little unreliable and I have given up on that front, so progress has been ridiculously slow sadly. Say hello to Carl for me the next time you see him, tell him to drop in when he is passing next.

That's a shame to hear about the delays.

Not seen you on TMF for a long time. Do you still frequent?

Ill probably go down and see him next month so will pass on your message and say hi for you.

Cheers

Ben

2 minutes ago, Ben_O said:

That's a shame to hear about the delays.

Not seen you on TMF for a long time. Do you still frequent?

Ill probably go down and see him next month so will pass on your message and say hi for you.

Cheers

Ben

Not been on in ages, the hillclimb mini shell is still sat in a container and I had to sell most of my spares due to losing storage. I think the love has gone on that one unfortunately. I keep looking at minis but prices have gone a bit stupid. I need to sort the Capri out, I think I will just get it in some sort of paint even if it’s a panel at a time and then get using it. But I need decent weather to spray outside so will be next summer at earliest now. Mechanically it’s ready to go.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...