Cars in Colour

BorniteIdentity

1 hour ago, New POD said:

I think.mine was that colour. 

Yeah? Metallic blue hatchback? Not to be confused with azure blue on the cabriolets.   They came in 4 colours being red white black and mercury grey... and a handful in this crystal blue. 

47 minutes ago, EssDeeWon said:

Yeah? Metallic blue hatchback? Not to be confused with azure blue on the cabriolets.   They came in 4 colours being red white black and mercury grey... and a handful in this crystal blue. 

Definitely not red, black, white or grey. 

4 hours ago, New POD said:

Definitely not red, black, white or grey. 

No, well I didn't suspect for one minute you had confused met blue with red black white or grey.

Be worth stoopid money i'd imagine, not seen one for 20 years.   Was yours a 1988 E/F reg?

2 hours ago, EssDeeWon said:

No, well I didn't suspect for one minute you had confused met blue with red black white or grey.

Be worth stoopid money i'd imagine, not seen one for 20 years.   Was yours a 1988 E/F reg?

D reg mechanical fuel injection. 

Very rusty, very dubious history. Great fun. 

55 minutes ago, New POD said:

D reg mechanical fuel injection. 

Very rusty, very dubious history. Great fun. 

XR anorak alert here but I think you might have had another very rare special release colour then, azure blue after The Fourth Protocol film with Pierce Brosnan,  In 1986 Ford released a few in azure apparently but personally never seen one in the flesh.  (only the one in the film)

fourthprotocol98qq1_4061.jpg.45e96e7a4025801b91b6017f3ecb1d40.jpg

Daniels there modelling the original Autoshite racing colours.

Thought about this thread the other day at Canary Wharf.  Walking up the ranks of exec prestige makes it was depressing.  Grey, black, black, White, grey, silver, black, black, grey repeat ad Infinitum.

And then.....a red Focus.  Missing wheeltrim, pogweaseled paint, filthy, dented.  Best car in there

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There are some absolute gems on here. I'm going to put this one up here, as it's been well received on a for sale thread - Verdigris is a pretty rare Ford colour, seems to suit this car though;

IMG_20190803_184513325_HDR.thumb.jpg.c0a7113595977680f44e2fd399bac22c.jpg

I've always been quite fond of Phoenix Yellow on the E46 BMW M3, I really think this shape carries the colour quite well;

BMW-E46-M3-phoenix-yellow-20.thumb.jpg.adff8417271154ed563fafce84cf3539.jpg

and for nostalgic reasons, Dad used to have a MK5 Cortina 2.0GL, just like this one (although I can't remember the name of the shade of blue);

ford-cars-b.thumb.jpg.d4d7ceb11bdea28bc7fef3c2ebe2958d.jpg

Mk5 Cortina 2.0GL is Corsican blue. My uncle had an identical one with 3 speed auto 1981 to 1990, bought at a year old. Used as his everyday work car (self employed builder) towing trailers a lot of the time. It was absolutely fucked by 1990. You can imagine the state of the interior.

Replaced by 'Blue Savannah', a Renault estate. That song was new in the charts at the time. Builders in the car singing

"Racing 'cross the desert
At a hundred miles an hour",

etc. :-)

RE: 2.0 GL in Corsican Blue - Excellent! I have fond memories of that car. Dad's looked identical (also on a V registration) but had black and white stripes down the sides, a bit like those off the Crusader spec. Dad sold his in 1990, when it was replaced by a brand new run-out model Orion. The fabric covering tops of the rear seat just disintegrated in the sun...

15 minutes ago, Aston Martin said:

I loved when Vauxhall and Nissan went mental in 2001? With the Chromaflair Astras and Primeras.

I saw an old boy in the purple mk4 Astra last week.

They weren't alone in going mad, would love to have met the high flyer who ordered this originally

monogram45.png