Cars in Colour

BorniteIdentity

I'd like to show my Dark Burgundy Pearl (LC3U) Golf but this perfect forum platform makes it just too difficult to me to add a pic. Just cannot be arsed to load up something to another host just to link it, sorry. Why THAT HASSLE?

I know it's barely a colour but I really like how modern Binis come in cream/Old English White (or as they call it, Pepper White), as opposed to appliance white (probably 'cause it'd look shit).

33187899646_9262868f56_b.jpg

That's the mother's, with her old one behind it. Red and cream were the no cost option colours on R56s, they've switched to cream and a weird mango colour for some reason now.

I'd like to show my Dark Burgundy Pearl (LC3U) Golf but this perfect forum platform makes it just too difficult to me to add a pic. Just cannot be arsed to load up something to another host just to link it, sorry. Why THAT HASSLE?

You can host on AS.

If you're on a tablet, click down the bottom to FULL MODE.  Then, in the reply window click on [MORE REPLY OPTIONS] and you can attach pics there.  It's a bit of a ball ache, but perfectly possible.

Either that or use Tapatalk to browse the forum.

The "Gordini" blue is an approximation of the French racing colour (a bit variable, like our own BRG) which was naturally adopted by Gordini racing cars before they became a part of Renault.   Not all Renault Gordinis were finished in it, just as not all Lotus Cortinas were white with a green flash but it was clearly extremely popular.....I don't recall it being offered on any non-Gordini Renault models.   

The "Gordini" blue is an approximation of the French racing colour (a bit variable, like our own BRG) which was naturally adopted by Gordini racing cars before they became a part of Renault.   Not all Renault Gordinis were finished in it, just as not all Lotus Cortinas were white with a green flash but it was clearly extremely popular.....I don't recall it being offered on any non-Gordini Renault models.

Thanks for this - that is why the 'Alpine' cars were often in the same livery!

I owned a Renault 5 Gordini in silver, for a while (won't make much fuss about that 'colour' on this thread) but don't think the R5 was ever available in 'Gordini blue'.

Squirrel2

Yellow cars are a great idea if you need a car that is less conspicuous on the back of an AA wagon.

What have we got ?

Erm... oh yes, a DS23 in Delta Blue, a Volvo 949 estate in a sort of greeny blue, a Saab 9.3 in midnight blue with navy floppytop and the Peugeot 206 of last resort in resale silver.

9629978989_e2f15f2020_z.jpg

DS in the vinyards by Jean-Pierre Declemy, on Flickr

msg-82-0-67448000-1499677570.jpg

As snapped by Heidel_Kakao before we swapped and he got my XM estate of similar hue.

No pics of the Saab, it will probably look black in a photo anyway.

post-5202-0-12472800-1502101787_thumb.jpg

Here's some colour from the last couple of shows I've been to.

I'm by no means a Vauxhall fan (or hater) but this was very appealing.

35601488633_4e446565e0_z.jpg

Yellow Astra Estate by MattLikesCars, on Flickr

Same show, another yellow estate.

36364782766_80110c2892_k.jpg

1976 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super Estate by MattLikesCars, on Flickr

'73 Passat

35574548354_fab8d42400_k.jpg

1973 Volkswagen Passat LS (1) by MattLikesCars, on Flickr

Audi makes brave move, tries new paint with something called colour in it.

35484794103_8503a7b883_k.jpg

Yellow and Grey Audi's by MattLikesCars, on Flickr

• 4 weeks later...