Cars in Colour

BorniteIdentity

Spotted this Focus ST in yellow a while back, made better by the fact it's an estate, and yellow on a roller too. I've got a Flickr album just for yellow vehicles here.

29711312926_8a64062dc6_k.jpg

2015 Ford Focus ST-3 TDCI & 2016 Rolls Royce Wraith V12 Auto by MattLikesCars, on Flickr

Tangerine Scream FTW.  Still not as likeable as Performance Orange to my eyes - but nice nonetheless.  I'm just glad that stuff like this exists.

Snapdragon + green = ace!

snapdragin-metro-right.jpg

Nice!

Nope. Can't beat Applejack.

6099382787_34c3ac11fd_z.jpg

Nicer.  I've been looking for one for about 5 years with no luck.

Mercedes Bornite is one of my favourite colours.  I like it so much I've had two..

attachicon.gif2017-04-29 16.09.33.jpgattachicon.gif2017-03-08 21.53.12.png

I like it so much that I included it in my username (!)

I once saw an Imp in that creamy yellow VW put on the "new" bettle. It looked great, though a bit retro rides as it was sooped-up with black wheels etc.

YellowPeril.jpg

Only colours I dislike are silver and red. I really hate bright red. It clashes with the rear lights and eventually fades to pink. Really deep dark red/Maroon I quite like.

My mum used to have a Carribean green Skoda Favorit, aparently it was quite a popular colour, and when it came to chopping it in for a new Felicia, she got top book trade in, and it was sold within 2 days by the dealer. Still saw it about for several years after. Sadly no photo of it, but here's a shot of a near identical car. I do like the colour, mum nicknamed hers Kermit.

post-5211-0-87685000-1494858235_thumb.jpg

My mum used to have a Carribean green Skoda Favorit, aparently it was quite a popular colour, and when it came to chopping it in for a new Felicia, she got top book trade in, and it was sold within 2 days by the dealer. Still saw it about for several years after. Sadly no photo of it, but here's a shot of a near identical car. I do like the colour, mum nicknamed hers Kermit.

attachicon.gifSkoda Favorit LXiE Flairline M512KOA.JPG

YES!

We lived next door to a vicar when we lived in Felixstowe - and he had one of these from new.  I knew nothing about cars then, apart from Skoda's were shit.  I reckon it managed 8 or 9 years on the road before becoming a BEKO refrigerator.

attachicon.gifSkoda Favorit LXiE Flairline M512KOA.JPG

Its one of those colours that you get to associate with a certain car.....

Like Honda Jazz Pink, Subaru 555 Blue, ST Focus Blue and Rover Nightfire Red.   

Early Felicias also had a very light green from the Veedub chart, but was dropped after a fairly short while, I think on the first spec update when the LXi Plus was replaced with the GLi, I actually prepped this car when brand new I photo'd, which ended up down in Suffolk with microscopic miles on, it was basically a brand new car in misery 54bhp trim, no stereo, basically the Sandero of it's era

This was actually older than my old Favorit, and is a very early example of the Felica, Romantic Red was an absolute sod, all of the new cars had paint faults with mismatched panels, some cars were so bad they had to be completely resprayed prior to delivery

post-5211-0-80495200-1494870042_thumb.jpg

Not biting on the yellow 306 roffle idea then BI?

I think the 306 is a keeper, certainly in the medium term. It failed the MOT today on a seized calliper and a bulb and that's it. I got a good look under it and it's in very good condition for 17 years old. Very good indeed.

The Volvo is for sale though!

That picture doesn't do Russett justice. Very few photos do. I had a Russett Dolly and it looked fabulous with the sun on it. And it turned orange when you parked it under street lights.

Apologies for using a picture I've already used on another thread but this is my current daily driver alongside my previous one. And yes I bought the MG because it was yellow.

post-20743-0-76446900-1494882291_thumb.jpg

Giles Coren can be a bit of a twat but in The Times last week was doing his alternative manifesto. The first thing he said was how colourful the streets used to be and if he was PM he'd force manufacturers to make equal numbers of blue, red, green, orange etc. (I'm paraphrasing here) and anyone with a silver or grey car would have it confiscated and replaced with a brown one. I'd vote for that.

image.jpg1_zpseldy70ha.jpg

Almost makes me feel bad about stripping my Capri down and having it blasted bare!!

I love Roman Bronze, but I like blue more.

I was/am very tempted to go for Purple Velvet on my Capri this time. Just not sure I should? It's a gorgeous colour but the blue is safe, if that makes sense.

Roman Bronze you say?post-17378-0-45715000-1495105756_thumb.jpg

Just for Yoss (orig posted on the watchlist thread). Go on, 2 out of 3, you know you want it (sincerely doubt R25s came in this colour)

$_86.JPG

https://www.gumtree.com/p/rover/rover-street-wish-150-pound-/1240855186

Whilst I can't remember ever having seen a Trophy Yellow 25 I think I'm right in saying Rover would sell you any of their cars in any colour you wanted, they were that desperate to sell anything at all.

Their is a Trophy Yellow 75 Tourer (not ZT-T) ex ambulance on the 75andZT forum.