BorniteIdentity

I really really like blue cars:

favourites are:

- Alfa Romeo Nuvola Blue

- Vauxhall Breeze Blue

- Vauxhall Arden Blue

- Ford Deep Impact Blue

- Ford Iceberg Blue

- Vauxhall Nautilus Blue (even though it looks more Emerald Green)

No pics today but 70s Ford Purple Velvet.

There's a mint condition Capri 3000GXL in this colour which goes to some of the classic Ford shows. Gorgeous.

My dad had a Cortina 2000E in this colour a looooooong time ago. Sold it around 1980. BAV 895N. Fuck knows how I remember that, don't remember my phone number.

My old A4 in Java Green.

post-19977-0-07131000-1494787215_thumb.png

I still miss that stupid money pit sometimes. When it worked, it was a proper hoot.

The 316 and the Xantia are both boring. The 316 is Alpine White, while the Xantia is Mauritius Blue (doom blue).

I keep seeing people driving round in Fiat Panda 4x4s painted in recession white or, worse, black and almost want to drag them out of the car and impress upon them how foolish they've been when they could have had Tuscany green.

attachicon.gifpanda.jpg

Similarly, do you remember that period in the early noughties when Volkswagen used to offer their small cars in bright, cheery colours? I don't have a clue if the Lupo is a good car or not, but they look ace, especially in yellow or that lurid lime green. I imagine modern VW buyers would be horrified if they found out their cars were available in anything other than grey or black

attachicon.gifvw_lupo.jpg

Austin Rover's shades of blue were also a bit of a high point in colour terms. Moonraker blue makes even a humble Maestro look effortlessly stylish, whilst Henley blue was probably the best colour applied to the Mini in its extremely long life.

attachicon.gifMaestro.jpg

attachicon.gifmini sprite.jpg

The ultimate car colour, though, has to be Citroen Triton green. I like this colour so much that I was willing to buy a shonky, rubbish Triton BX over a properly functioning one in another colour.

attachicon.gifBX2.jpg

yes but THIS is henley blue vvv

[/url]">http://PA220877.jpg

that mini is electric blue imho

I don't know what this colour is called, but I've always thought (since they were a current model) that it suited the late Mark 2 Cavaliers:

23705279662_e9d0e04a93_o.thumb.jpg.0d82daa0b98dedfe98ec71a16e3617f9.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/61090099@N04/23705279662/in/album-72157643479531433/

Edited by adw1977
Restored original size image

Don't have a photo of the actual lot, but the Dodge/FIAT dealership in town looks much like this:

LMD-BB_756.jpg

Dodge recently revamped their color range, including a bunch of favorites from the seventies. They missed Key Lime and Hemi Orange in that shot, but you can see the sea of black/gray/white/red cars in the lot out back there. That's slowly changing.

I don't think you can buy a Challenger in metallic poo brown though. They missed that one.

Phil

Fapp, fapp. I remember a character in the series Southland had a black Challenger. They did a reet better job on this than the Charger, for sure.

Oooooo and Citroen do a lovely mushroom colour at the moment.

When we were looking for a family estate to replace the A6 we were shown a Grand Picasso (?)

I almost lived up to every stereotype going and bought a 7seat people carrier for my two kids on finance because I liked the colour #female car shopping

But I managed to resist, mainly due to always swearing I would never get a people carrier just because I have one or two kids "my parents took my two sisters and I and the dog all over Wales for camping holidays in an AX etc etc"

Mercedes Bornite is one of my favourite colours. It's described as just 'grey' on the logbook but in the sun it comes alive, flip-flopping between brown, grey and violet. I like it so much I've had two..

post-5243-0-89253500-1494791653_thumb.jpgpost-5243-0-97441600-1494791779_thumb.png

My most favourite 190 colour is still Nutria brown. One of the rarest colours found on 190 as it was only available for one year, again I've had two of them. Louise, you wanted poo-brown...

post-5243-0-34851500-1494795299_thumb.jpg

post-5243-0-53343900-1494795533_thumb.jpg

We have had two yellow cars in the household. Mrs 201 yellow MG ZR was one of the first on the road around here. It was also the first with the X-Power graphics , a proper bespoke job before the El cheapo ebay kits came on the market.

One of her favourite cars was her Seat Ibiza Sport. The last new car we bought, it was a great wee thing. Only had the 100 bhp 1.9 TDI pd motor but it went like the clappers. Traded it in for a 3 year old Octavia when Jnr201 no2 came along. It's just popped back up for sale quite locally. She wants it back...

post-5243-0-61390300-1494796014_thumb.jpg

honda cerulean blue :wub:

[/url]">http://P1110796.jpg

honda ginger

[/url]">http://DSC_7427_2_resize.jpg

Curiously, I've been finding that generation of Civic more and more attractive lately...

Midnight Purple

73fcb97142eeaf6be7ef7a7af6b5464b.jpg

Techno Violet

car_meet.jpg

PURPLE. FAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAP. *faint*

I WILL own a purple car at some point.

Bayside Blue for me. I don't really get the point of powerful cars, but these things make me go ga ga like little else.

de435a999e3307aabb5ad3c252ea0c60.jpg

Unlike HMC, I've got absolutely no self-control when it comes to colours. Take the Honda S-MX. I really, REALLY wanted one in this colour.

LOWDOWN.JPG

Preferably with the optional orange seats. So, I bought a black one. With grey seats. FAIL.

What I always say on this topic - Ford Roman Bronze. I'd wrap my Fusion in it if I could. I love the deep sparkle/fleck on it (pics don't quite capture it).

1978%20ford%20cortina%202000%20ghia%20mk

image.jpg1_zpseldy70ha.jpg

Almost makes me feel bad about stripping my Capri down and having it blasted bare!!

I love Roman Bronze, but I like blue more.

No pics today but 70s Ford Purple Velvet.

There's a mint condition Capri 3000GXL in this colour which goes to some of the classic Ford shows. Gorgeous.

My dad had a Cortina 2000E in this colour a looooooong time ago. Sold it around 1980. BAV 895N. Fuck knows how I remember that, don't remember my phone number.

I was/am very tempted to go for Purple Velvet on my Capri this time. Just not sure I should? It's a gorgeous colour but the blue is safe, if that makes sense.