Fiat 133. Completo/Finito

stillOrange

I might as well just order every single part to see...

Seriously though, the rotor arms are nice and clean. Leads have seen better days but contacts seem clean enough. Coil, no idea how I would check so will probably have to just buy one.

Ordered carb overhaul pack just because.

Today in post I received this thing sent in by a fellow forumer.

post-19541-0-36373600-1498555285_thumb.jpg

Full, 4 page, Autocar test of the Fiat. Let me quote...

Spanish-built successor to 850, filling gap between Fiat 126 and 127. Performance rather slower than the 850, but still reasonable. Moderate fuel consumption, with 40 mpg readily available. Safe but not very enjoyable handling, and brakes rather dead. Plain but reasonably functional interior and good visibility. A sound, rather basic, economy car.

Thank you Sir.

• 1 year later...

Good evening AS

Long time no update but finally there's a movement with this little bastard.

As I currently reside in another country, working on this has completely ceased. Rather than let it rot I decided to pay someone to get it back on the road.

I'm not sure about the extent of the work I will ask them to do yet. I don't really want a full blown restoration but you never know. Depends on money I suppose.

So I just got a quote from the restorer.

He effectively says it will take him just over a day of work to put it through MOT.

Happy bunny

And you'll never have to MOT it again. Once you have it, pay the tax on it (free because of age), then do the DVLA form for classic cars and never have to worry about an MOT again. :)

Few areas of rot around headlights but otherwise only spots of surface rust. Not too bad I say.

post-19541-0-39188300-1556076009_thumb.jpg

post-19541-0-32115500-1556076053_thumb.jpg

I never really looked at it properly as it was there attached and didn't bother with it but the exhaust is rather interesting. It looks like shed made and to make it fit someone had to make a hole in the rear panel. Original ones sit nicely tucked away. I'm not sure I want to change it though...

post-19541-0-58050600-1556076416_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/8/2019 at 12:25 AM, purplebargeken said:

The Seat 133 looked lovely, much tidier than mine.

I wonder if StillOrange still has it and if he has, has he actually owt to it. Doubtful. Very doubtful.

On 2/24/2019 at 9:17 AM, purplebargeken said:

Seat 133, sort of a bastard love child between a 126/127/fuck knows what else. Oddly charming and basic. 

Huge following in Egypt which should have warned me. Bought from the ongoingly crazy Sam G. Swapped for my previous white Triumph Toledo via StillOrange who likely has done absolutely nothing with it/to it.

@purplebargeken

I find your lack of faith in me disturbing, young man.

FB_IMG_1559852790382.thumb.jpg.9731404b5388799b8dc6e4c09564c65d.jpgFB_IMG_1559852801664.thumb.jpg.0bc078fd4c163d30784c5b7333d49d75.jpg

I have to admit to a wry smile at seeing Ken of all people taking a minor swipe at another member for not cracking on with their car projects! 

10/10, great effort and splendid timing/delivery. These are such an interesting little car. 100% Spanish built I think, during Franco's rule as well, must have been a tricky time for any foreign company to operate in Spain. I reckon these were dreamed up as a car just for the Spanish market, but a few got sold elsewhere as a token effort.

Ooooh, even has a key to start it now, swish!!!

Who did the bodywork?

I have to admit to a wry smile at seeing Ken of all people taking a minor swipe at another member for not cracking on with their car projects!

Oh come on, had to divert attention away from my own woeful project progress for a change!!!!

Fuck knows why but they have a bloody massive following in Egypt as I mentioned earlier. 

The bootlid/bonnet/engine cover/whatever came from a guy in Barcelona via the good old bay of E. I think someone on here put me on to it. 

It's a charming little car and amazingly rot free as far as I could tell. I've never cleaned out so much straw though, fugging buckets full of the stuff.