Early Freelander. Keepage Quandary???

JayW

Nice. Get that chrome shit off it and onto ebay for a hundred quid or so.

Unless you are a bow-legged freak, that style of sill protector will leave a dirty patch on the inside of your trouser leg every time you get in or out.

As above, get some bumper treatment on the plastics. They respond well to boiled linseed oil from the diy shop.

post-17837-0-64033300-1493993358_thumb.jpg

post-17837-0-82828700-1493993352_thumb.jpg

Well, it cost me nuffin!

He gave it to me and "if it's worth anything bung 'us a bit".

Brand new Hankook AT's all round. New clutch, (relatively) tidy all round. Only obvious issue is a leaking injector seal...

Sounds good to me, like his attitude, you can't say fairer than that. 

I reckon an early L series running on veg is the way I'd do one. 

The 1.8 K series feels like the wrong engine for one of these.

Or an LPG'd V6. Great fun in the snow with a rear bias ;)

Had a couple of decent drives now, after 30 miles or so I don't think it's a bad motor. Gave it a good clean too.

It's comfortable enough and fairly pleasant to drive, though not particularly quick as one would expect.

Once the revs are up, and the derv is going into the engine and not out through the seal it goes rather well. A slight knock on the nsf. Rear door doesn't open at the cable is shot on the window so it doesn't lower.

Though there were no warning lamps initially, the three amigos are there now. However, it has been sat for 18 months aside from its last MOT so a wheel exciter is likely. Body is pretty tidy though the sill rears are just starting to bubble, though not breaking through.

Trouble is, as much as I hate to get rid of a perfectly decent motor that I may one day have use for, I currently don't need it at all. I could just squirrel it away I suppose...

Hmmmm...

post-20179-0-18104100-1494011042_thumb.jpg

post-20179-0-91800900-1494011280_thumb.jpg

Had a couple of decent drives now, after 30 miles or so I don't think it's a bad motor. Gave it a good clean too.

It's comfortable enough and fairly pleasant to drive, though not particularly quick as one would expect.

Once the revs are up, and the derv is going into the engine and not out through the seal it goes rather well. A slight knock on the nsf. Rear door doesn't open at the cable is shot on the window so it doesn't lower.

Though there were no warning lamps initially, the three amigos are there now. However, it has been sat for 18 months aside from its last MOT so a wheel exciter is likely. Body is pretty tidy though the sill rears are just starting to bubble, though not breaking through.

Trouble is, as much as I hate to get rid of a perfectly decent motor that I may one day have use for, I currently don't need it at all. I could just squirrel it away I suppose...

Hmmmm...

So where will you be squirreling it then?

So where will you be squirreling it then?

Outside my big lockup for a few weeks until my little lockup is freed up!

Though I may just sort the leaking injector, the three amigos and dodgy boot door, chuck some new wipers on it, waz it through a new test and punt it back out for whatever the going rate is!

The leaking injector may be a leak off pipe.

Nah, it's leaking from the seat. It's been changed (the old one's here) and it's either not done up properly or the seal's shot. Haven't checked which yet.

Otherwise the engine's super mega wow blingin' for 150k...

• 1 year later...

The three Amigos come from (to the best of my knowledge) a Wabco D ABS ECU.

I think it goes:-

Launch to 99: Wabco D

99 to 2001: Teves Mk20

2001 to 2005: Teves Mk25

Funnily enough I bought a Wabco D ECU a couple of weeks ago and I am making decent progress at reverse engineering the diagnostics protocol at the moment.