Cars that look better from behind.

Yoss

This is the view from my front room window and I can't help thinking the Felicia looks better from behind.

post-20743-0-75559400-1493823887_thumb.jpg

Combination of the nice compound curves, the nicely proportioned rear quarter panel and the way the plastic trim blends into the lights. The front even I have to admit is just a bit 'meh', especially in facelift form.

So basically what cars do you think look better from behind?

I'll add another to kick things off.

There's basically two ways this can go. There are cars with genuinely attractive arses and there are cars that are so ugly the back can't help but be nicer than the front by default.

This I think actually falls into both categories.

The Austin 3 litre.

post-20743-0-31533600-1493824243_thumb.jpg

The back end treatment is so much nicer than the 1800 on which it is sort of based. Yes I know it's very different underneath but they started with the 1800 centre section.

The front isn't!

post-20743-0-18543800-1493824602_thumb.jpg

The Feliatio did look better in the cleaner mk1 form I think, the copied from Rover chrome snout did it no favours, even the Mk1 Cocktavia had the same style of bonnet ridges as a Rover 800 mk2

I'll add another to kick things off.

There's basically two ways this can go. There are cars with genuinely attractive arses and there are cars that are so ugly the back can't help but be nicer than the front by default.

This I think actually falls into both categories.

The Austin 3 litre.

attachicon.gifIMG_20170503_154632.jpg

The back end treatment is so much nicer than the 1800 on which it is sort of based. Yes I know it's very different underneath but they started with the 1800 centre section.

The front isn't!

attachicon.gifIMG_20170503_155100.jpg

The front of the 3 litre is gorgeous.

Is it pininfarina (or similar) designed? If not, the Brits were having a right perve over Italian metal when they were sketching, drinking cups of tea and thinking about their next breaktime.

As for attractive back ends on mk1 Cortinas, I always fancied the back end on the mk2.

maxresdefault.jpg

Chevy Corvair Mk2.

The whole car is a much better effort than the nondescript first series, the relatively small size combined with a pretty side profile, the Charger like rear end and a hint of Fiat Dino about the fenders make for a good whole. Arguably the only weak point is the quad lamp treatment which wouldn't look out of place on a VW.

post-18107-0-51677600-1493847588_thumb.jpg

post-18107-0-78498300-1493847598_thumb.jpg

post-18107-0-25266100-1493847609_thumb.jpg

Chevy Corvair Mk2.

The whole car is a much better effort than the nondescript first series, the relatively small size combined with a pretty side profile, the Charger like rear end and a hint of Fiat Dino about the fenders make for a good whole. Arguably the only weak point is the quad lamp treatment which wouldn't look out of place on a VW.

:o!! The quad taillight design is totally the point at this rear ends!