Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Montego in petrol/saloon shock :shock:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Front view of 180b sss I posted before 8) -its now back on the road.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice(ish) imp

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What's the story with the Corsascrap? Terminal engine failure?Are the ones of that era a simple diseasel (it does say Corsa_D on the back doesn't it?) or TD? Earlier ones were badged TD and had the 1.5 Isuzu engine, they're great fun! I wonder if the later ones are less of a giggle to drive....

What's the story with the Corsascrap? Terminal engine failure?Are the ones of that era a simple diseasel (it does say Corsa_D on the back doesn't it?) or TD? Earlier ones were badged TD and had the 1.5 Isuzu engine, they're great fun! I wonder if the later ones are less of a giggle to drive....

That will be a 1.7 Non Turbo Diesel, No idea what it be like to drive but i would of thought it went o.k for the size of engine in such a small car.That said the 1.8D in the Fiesta wasn't exactly fast...

No, I had the use of my ex's mum's 1.8D Fester, it was terrible. Endless gearchanging thanks to the power curve starting around 3000rpm through to 3005rpm. Don't think this one was fitted with the optional 'torque' either.That said it provided worthwhile transport, many trips to Newquay when our Beetles weren't up to the job. And it refused to die, I think it was serviced once when they bought it and never again so it just lived on the teaspoon of oil it had left. It even managed to snap a cambelt without causing too much damage and was back on the road within days, only for my ex's sister to grind it along a rock hillside along some welsh mountain road and end up teetering over the drop on the other side, Italian-Job-Style.

What's the story with the Corsa scrap? Terminal engine failure?

It was an ebay purchase. The guy bought it for his wife-too far away to view but advert/phone conversation detailed it as worth buying. Friend fetches it for him on a trailer after he had won the bidding and the damaged bumper/bonnet was more than that + an engine that ran like a toolbox falling down a cliffe. Started fixing it but then bought another car. Less hassle and down as one of those things.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Vauxhall corsa w.t.f edition never caught on :lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Left my phone number for this 8)

Posted Image

One for the Pogweasel

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Been after this for ages-behold

Toyota corolla

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

That sierra hasn't weathered well since you last snapped it, in the last 7 months it looks as if someone has tried to rob it, and rob the engine. It does also look like someones tried to steal the rear wheel, given the angle its at. Or it could just be the suspension turret has given way. Either way its buggered! If only we had as many cars round here like the ones you find :(

That sierra hasn't weathered well since you last snapped it, in the last 7 months it looks as if someone has tried to rob it, and rob the engine. It does also look like someones tried to steal the rear wheel, given the angle its at. Or it could just be the suspension turret has given way. Either way its buggered! If only we had as many cars round here like the ones you find :(

Welcome you got in then :D My pictures of this posted before were taken in June 2007. I am really shocked how the gypo's with hiabs and vandals have left it alone :shock: . Its on a carpark where it could easily cop a misfortune. Keep your eyes peeled on you travels I am sure you will find plenty of candidates in your area :lol:

Welcome you got in then Very Happy

Yep I did thankyou! And There is some interesting cars round here, for example, I know where there's a Sunbeam Rapier, and theres a really nice C plate Nissan Sunny which obviously belongs to some old folks, judging by the fact it has EVERY wheeltrim, EVERY mudguard and hasn't moved for ages.But anyway back to the point, keep up the good work with the finds. That vandalised Serena makes me smile, because they are without a doubt the car I hate more than anything else. It takes something like 30 seconds to get to 60 in something that has about as much designers flair as a fridge.

That vandalised Serena makes me smile, because they are without a doubt the car I hate more than anything else. It takes something like 30 seconds to get to 60 in something that has about as much designers flair as a fridge.

Think those qualities are what appealed to LDV to get the rights to make the LDV Cub.. :lol:

The Subaru Sumo "Royal" is ace, that's what Prince Charles drives around in when he goes out delivering crates of Duchy Originals biscuits to supermarkets.

Posted Image

"One opts for the marvellous high-roof version in order to maximise storage potential."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Let's see...

Steel wheels - check

Tidy - check

Rust-free 1976 condition - check

Reflective plates - check

Original Cortina Owners Club sticker missing - check

No evidence of any OldSkoolFord malarkey - check

That's super-lovely. Great spot!

• 3 weeks later...