Spottings from the rootes_arrow1725 18.09.2011

A lot of people came across from Retro-Rides - as I did - but didn't stay. I guess it all depends on what interests you most. I'm not so into the modding scene, so I spend more time here. It's very rare that I post on R-R these days.

I've had the odd lurk on R-R, but like you mr welfare am not into the modding motors scene, there seems to be a bit more variety here :D

I was from RR, but I lurked on Autoshite for a few months before registering.Tat fascinates me on an equal level to car modifying, but I like a car to have a certain feel to it. Which is why I'm loading the Charmant up with lots of period Japanese mods.I guess I like my cars to be "endearingly crap".

Renault 5 Monaco 8) when in better condition :D

Posted Image

Had new headgasket etc in 2002 and untouched since :cry:

Posted Image

Had one myself once-better than clio's for sure :o

Posted Image

+ For you a Renault 25 was in that yard too

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bashed elderly 320 :cry:

Posted Image

Field in the middle of nowhere has this!!

Posted Image

Turbo diesel too :cry:

Posted Image

Apart from missing number plates its not that bad for a Montego :shock:

Posted Image

Old Rovers

Posted Image

Posted Image

And a stunner of a car :shock: Maestro turbo :shock: Fast shite!!

Posted Image

Me wants 8)

Posted Image

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Considering the Germans are supposedly rational, sensible, logical beings, how did they justify the polo harlequin to themselves?Did someone feed pot smoke into the air conditioning?Like wow man, colours.....groovy...... :shock:

I could be wrong, but I think it was a UK only-model. Does anybody know if they all had the same colours on the same panels?

Posted Image

Apparently not just a UK model, and they made about 3200 of them, in four different combinations.

I like the idea that they made 800 cars in each of those four basic colours, then sent them down a separate production line where all the panels got systematically swapped over :lol:

Last time somebody posted one, I wondered aloud at what age the cost of a respray in a single shade would have been outweighed by a higher resale value.

• 4 weeks later...

That is indeed lovely (a '61, if I'm not mistaken...) ETA: I am. You're quite right that it's a '63.However, I spy some 'inspection lamp shite' in the last picture. I hate those damn things! It's impossible to illuminate what you're working on without dazzling yourself, they get blazing hot and blow light bulbs like it's their job. (Petzl head torch ftw!)

• 2 months later...