Omega 2 litre pez - £220

RobT

Reasons are various, but this is now for sale.

MoT until 22nd September, just needs the wishbone bushes replacing (although the arms themselves are cheap enough) and possibly a set of rear tyres since I moved the new ones to the front. They have tread but are cheap budgets and wouldn't trust them in the wet personally.

Competent on the motorway, I got 35mpg on a 200 mile run last weekend, auto box is nice and smooth, but is a bit meh when you get it on some fast A-roads. Inevitably I've been comparing it to the Senator, and that was a hoot when being chucked about, shimmying it's arse and making gruff noises, whereas the Omega feels too sensible! Maybe a V6 one has more fanfare to it, so I'm probably making an unfair comparison.

I put it on gumtree last week but barely a sniff as yet, so will probably have to brave eBay.

Deleted 'leccy rear windows probably to stop the crims in the back bailing out................................

Uncles p plate gls also had wind down windows in the rear. I'm pretty sure with gls being a lowly trim for the omega that the early ones didn't have them. Actually unsure if face-lift gls trim had leccy rears either.

GLS was normal base spec for an Omega and indeed had keep-fit rear windows in all models as standard. CD, CDX and Elite were the other main specs. The MV6 was a sporty edition which the five-oh loved. Tourer was an estate speshul edition (I think like a CD but with sportier bodywork and a roof spoiler), and there was 'Select' which I believe came with a 2.0 8v engine if you were sadistic enough.

GLS was normal base spec for an Omega and indeed had keep-fit rear windows in all models as standard. CD, CDX and Elite were the other main specs. The MV6 was a sporty edition which the five-oh loved. Tourer was an estate speshul edition (I think like a CD but with sportier bodywork and a roof spoiler), and there was 'Select' which I believe came with a 2.0 8v engine if you were sadistic enough.

Where did the MV6 slot in spec wise to the CDX and Elite, lower spec than both, inbetween, higher spec than both? 

Early GLS came with wheel trims as well Im sure, pals mums exs did anyway. Wasnt the Select even lower spec than the GLS and probably poverty spec? 

According to Parkers there was also Sport and Reflection trim specs as well. 

MV6 had firm seats which were often cloth/velour but generally came with generous goodies.

The Elite was the only one that could be specced to the max. My one had built in hands free. It was a 2000 V (pre-facelift)!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Guest Lord Sward

Was it Car Magazine or Top Gear Magazine who took an identical example to this one and covered every inch of motorway in the country.

The Select was like the Life spec on modern Vectras.

I think Reflection spec was a 2.5 as well.

I geek Omegas and would totally have a 2.0 8v in white.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I can still remember looking for a new car with my dad in late 2000 and the local Reg Vardy Fiat/Alfa dealer had an early Omega, M reg I think, think it was a 2.0 CD manual, in a kinda dark bluey/greeny colour, I begged my dad to buy it but he said it was far too big for his needs and a bit too old, so thats what id have, along with a late one, I remember working for Arnie Shark Citroen in late 2006, not long after I started we had a silver 53 plate traded in, and I contemplated buying it but insurance was a killer as I was only 19, wouldve gave me mega street cred against the Clios, Fiestas etc. everyone else had, think it was CD spec and was a lot of car for the money, circa £5500 for a high spec, big, low mileage, mint full history car, it was cheaper than similar age low spec Astras we were punting at the time. 

Infact if i had loads of money to buy land and cars, id have a heated storage area full of old big Vauxhalls, Lotus Carlton, Cavvy mk3s of various specs, Vectra Bs of various specs, oddball specs like Meriva VXRs.

So I suppose in conclusion, this car is a bargain and id buy it if I needed more than 1 car. Uber bargain!

Was it Car Magazine or Top Gear Magazine who took an identical example to this one and covered every inch of motorway in the country.

Top Gear mag did it. The article was called 'The Omega Men' if I remember correctly.

I might be a bit of an Omega licker - had 5 so far. An Elite in facelift 3.2 V6 flavour with the Irmscher bumpers and sideskirts is still on my 'to own' list. Got the original dealer catalogues somewhere for all the Irmscher gear.

It's at times like this when I wished I was looking for a car, as with Billy Cavcraft's Honda coupe.

A couple of hundred quid for a whole lot of car.

I'm going to tell a mate at work about this. He's got a stonking late Previa at the mo, but he loves the Omega.. He was a Carlton and Senator licker like me many moons ago.

And, he only lives around the Erith/Bexley area.

It's at times like this when I wished I was looking for a car, as with Billy Cavcraft's Honda coupe.

A couple of hundred quid for a whole lot of car.

I'm going to tell a mate at work about this. He's got a stonking late Previa at the mo, but he loves the Omega.. He was a Carlton and Senator licker like me many moons ago.

And, he only lives around the Erith/Bexley area.

I told my mate, but he's quite happy with his Previa. Tit.