99 Mitsubishi Space Wagon Se 2.4 GDi manual 7-Seater - London/Herts

uk_senator

Was just speaking to one of my friends and he`s decided to sell it, one of my friends is after a cheap 7 seater, but unfortunately she only drives autos or I`d have got it for her.

Its been sitting for about 6 months, the MOT just ran out and the battery is flat, but theres no mechanical issues & its barely been used since its last MOT so should pass without much bother, its advisories last time were:

Nearside front shock absorber has a light misting of oil (2.7.3)

Nearside headlamp deteriorated but light output not reduced (1.7.5a)

Offside headlamp deteriorated but light output not reduced (1.7.5a)

Offside front body has slight corrosion top mount (6.1.b.2)

Offside rear tyre showing signs of age on sidewall

His MOT bloke is a bit over the top, the rust is still treatable, the headlights just need the lenses polished, Shocks are £48 a side and a tyres £15-20 from your local part used retailer.

There is some lacquer peel in places but theres no external rust or dents. The brown marks are from his grandkids football.

Its done about 70k.

He`s keeping the private plate.

He wants £500, on the nose, no messing about or offers or he`ll just scrap it (he hates selling cars). Its in Barnet EN5 10 mins from South Mimms services on the A1.

post-3844-287914.jpg

post-3844-300281.jpg

post-3844-734630.jpg

post-3844-1426273.jpg

post-3844-1150349.jpg

Thats what he`s like unfortunately. I`ve seen him scrap perfectly usable cars instead of dealing with selling them. Dont shoot the messenger..

I did say to him I`m sure it`d sell IF he sticks an MOT on it, whether he`ll bother remains to be seen.

It doesnt need that much spending on it, the oily shock may be an advisory again as its done hardly any mileage since its last MOT, a bit of headlight compounding & £20 for a part worn tyre.. Not exactly breaking the bank. And it has done an unusually low mileage.

He also has a petrol 2-Door Frontera that was fine but has been sat for about 3 years, he said he will be scrapping that.

I've scrapped project cars before because of constant piss taking. 

Because unlike the majority of classic car 'enthusiasts', the scrap man actually turns up and pays money. £75 weigh in still better than £0 in internet horse shit. 

However, this isn't a classic car and might see £500 with ticket. 

I've scrapped project cars before because of constant piss taking.

Because unlike the majority of classic car 'enthusiasts', the scrap man actually turns up and pays money. £75 weigh in still better than £0 in internet horse shit.

However, this isn't a classic car and might see £500 with ticket.

Its a perfectly good 7 seater in pretty good nick for a 17yo, & has done 100,000 miles less than the few I just looked at on ebay completed listings. I`ll probably tell him theres some interest if he gets it MOT`d. He`s his own worst enemy with this kind of thing.

I`ll also see if I can get him to sell the Frontera instead of scrapping it. He got it for his wife about a decade ago as she always wanted one, she didnt like the colour (think it was dark green), so he had it resprayed in a colour she liked (light metallic blue) & got an alarm fitted, then she barely used the thing, & its not been used at all for the last few years..

He sounds like a complete nutter.

Sign him up man!

He`s a nice bloke, but has zero patience. He`s an ex banger racer & still a motorcyclist (old skool bikez, his Triton is his pride & joy), so yes, a complete nutter, but sign him up on t`internet? Your joking.. He doesnt even possess a mobile phone..

Thats what he`s like unfortunately. I`ve seen him scrap perfectly usable cars instead of dealing with selling them. Dont shoot the messenger..

I did say to him I`m sure it`d sell IF he sticks an MOT on it, whether he`ll bother remains to be seen.

It doesnt need that much spending on it, the oily shock may be an advisory again as its done hardly any mileage since its last MOT, a bit of headlight compounding & £20 for a part worn tyre.. Not exactly breaking the bank. And it has done an unusually low mileage.

He also has a petrol 2-Door Frontera that was fine but has been sat for about 3 years, he said he will be scrapping that.

Point is, it's unknown. You might be right, equally it might need a new shock (£50 if you do it yourself) and a couple of tyres - and no, I'd never stick a part-worn on, so that'll be £50 each - plus there's always something else - is the top mount OK or is it in need of work? So I'd assume £200 to get it through, and might get lucky with much less.

£500 with an MOT is probably the right price for this car, £300 without.

His car, his decision. Personally I'd let him weigh it in.

Maybe he hates selling cars because he always prices them too​ high, leading to half a dozen knobbers coming round his house, kicking tyres and then bidding him down.

It's a family car, it needs an MOT so that your average busy parent can buy it and drive it away full of kids, safe* in the knowledge it's good for another year.

I'm willing to bet if it was priced accordingly it would be gone by the end of the weekend.

The trim looks like it was supposed to look like flames but was designed on a ZX81.

Nowt wrong with getting a decent part worn, the last time I got a new tyre was in the mid 90`s, I always use part worns & have never had a problem with them, but even if you did it your way (& you shouldnt change 1 front shock, you change both, so a one`r), you`d still have a multipurpose car that`d likely last you a decade with minimal agro, for the cost of 1 months HP on a new Audi/Merc/VAG product..

I dunno where he got the price from, most likely he just plucked it out of the air, as I say, I`ll try & get him to get it through another MOT in my best diplomatic voice. With a years MOT, a valet & some lacquer touching in it could even be a £795 job, I might even offer to do the bits it needs for the MOT, as although its just another bland modern, I hate waste & it would do a family on a budget a good turn for a good number of years.

Looks alright but without a mot sadly it is scrap fodder although I agree it most likely doesn't need a lot doing as their pretty good buses.

Should think an Asian person would be most interested in that, there's a few Goan lads with me in work and they all share a lift in seven seaters to save money, usually zafira s but I know first hand their hardly bombproof 😖😖😖