'84 Carina II >> needs glass!

tooSavvy

I think they changed in 88; here's an 87 being broken

http://www.adverts.ie/parts-accessories/1987-toyota-carina-all-parts-available/8123048

None on this one at the moment, but if you've no luck with the above, keep a search saved; they do turn up from time to time for breaking; there's an immaculate 2 tone hatch for sale though

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars/Toyota/Carina

Woot Woot!

Glass in stock (s/h) OZ land..... As usual, won't ship back up top to us Loony Brits :(

Backpackers win out = more than 6 tubes if can collect + fly back in luggage WINNAH ;)

Sort of 'International Rescue' A$ Shipley relay...

Any takers ??

TS

Woot! .... ;)

Underwriters are in contact with OZ glass stockist and some movement seems possible*

*or, perhaps not - we are talking Insurance Staff here :/

Plan B 'on hold' (guy buys it as a favour & ships it up)

He has swapped emails with matey, so all is cool.

TS

• 2 weeks later...

There were 2 different types of 1984 Corona, Front wheel drive and rear wheel drive - the UK got the front wheel drive version (Carina II) and Australia got the rear wheel drive version. Unfortunately for you, they were completely different body styles so glass from Australia will be for the wrong car

There were 2 different types of 1984 Corona, Front wheel drive and rear wheel drive - the UK got the front wheel drive version (Carina II) and Australia got the rear wheel drive version. Unfortunately for you, they were completely different body styles so glass from Australia will be for the wrong car

This is i/d by body part number... Correct part m8

http://www.autoglasswarehouse.com.au/shop/toyota-corona-st150-import-5dr-liftback-1983-gt1987-right-side-opera-glass-4183

Bloody nightmare nonetheless

TS

• 2 weeks later...

My Grandad had one from new. From 1985 until his passing in 2000. As a Wing Commander in the RAF buying something Japanese was, as you'd understand, something he wasn't initially comfortable with. But he loved it, and in turn I love them too.

Sadly, all of these are properly ripe underneath now.

FABULOUS NEWS***

*** aghast warning klaxon going 24/7 ***

The £500 scrapper above was a 'no show' purchaser (probably couldn't get a passage on a Mombasa bound freighter!)

Matey has sidled in + 'I'm already going your way, m8' Shipley quote :)

Top Dollari Scores on the Doors 4 Auto$hite Saves the Day.

I will keep everyone up to date and - if you're all good - might post a piccie of the glass!! lol

Magic

TS

.... I have seen piccies! Christ, he is looting it like a pikey :)

He's planning a [sensible, in my opinion] swap over/upgrade of parts as he finds them.. Not much likelihood of making much off the remaining pile, so just pack away in the outhouse. Shell is barnaclebill.. so likely razorblades.

To everyone who is/was following + those who put themselves out to keep eyes peeled.....

Many Thanks

TS