Cobbler's's Talbot Express - Time to move it on?

cobblers

Corruectamundo, it's the one off of DWs facebook.

Drove back beautifully. Having owned and driven various Manual t25s all with the inevitable badly adjusted worn gear linkages, usually iffy synchros and all the rest of it, I have to say that the auto box turns them from being a real chore around town to actually quite pleasant.

I've really fallen in love with this thing - I was blezzing down the A1 with this rattling out of the cracklemasters grinning from ear to ear all the way back, I was like a dog with two dicks! - I enjoyed it that much that as soon as I got back I bundled the (single cock) dogs and the mrs into it and we all went out to Hardwick for a walk. Flippin excellent, I get such a good vibe off this thing, I can't wait to get stuck in and get a few of the niggles sorted, I reckon the cooling system needs at least bleeding but perhaps a new rad or something, and it's a bit reluctant to idle which is awkward in an auto (I've not driven many slushbox autos so I'm yet to get the hang of whatever dance I need to do to keep the thing from cutting out.

The reality of the bodywork is setting in though, the tailgate is pretty much paggered and I sold a good one 5 years ago for £350...

But I suppose I need to remind myself that THIS IS JUST A CAR TO DRIVE and not fuck about with it and restore it to mint and then never drive it, like I did with my other one.

I'm definitely not lowering it or anything. Zero pineappling.

Here's some flattering photos:

post-3886-0-40068300-1491848162_thumb.jpg

post-3886-0-16210900-1491848169_thumb.jpg

post-3886-0-35210200-1491848177_thumb.jpg

Overall I'm well happy and need to thank DW for hooking us up. I'm off to measure the steering wheel and order an old Disklok off ebay

My ex had a T2 with an auto box and it was fucking dire. It would struggle to drag a greased weasel across an ice rink. The pedal on the right just made it more or less noisier without any change in velocity.

Glad they improved it for the T3, that looks quite nice. Typically I turned one of these down for a three figure sum just before the prices started heading skyward. Story of my life.

Sent from my VIE-L09 using Tapatalk

Excellent. I stayed quiet on this one, due to too much insider information. Has ex-Dugong recognised the room yet?

I only found the idle a problem when it's cold, presumably due to some iffy autochoke horlicks. I drove over 150 miles in it the other weekend, and it was fine - apart from the lack of headlamps, and the overheating (good job it has TWO interior fans!). I'd like to point out that I mentioned these things to Cobblers (and the horrible suspension noise) when he came to view it.

Acceleration can be described thusly. VERY quick! Then it changes into second and feels like it can't be arsed anymore. I have a video forthcoming. Hopefully overnight.

To kill some time I went in to Retford. I thought about blowing my wad of cash in here

attachicon.gif20170410_104629.jpg

Or on these

attachicon.gif20170410_104514.jpg

Instead I got this

attachicon.gif20170410_104155.jpg

Halfords in Retford is a bit basic, seems they missed the message about only selling shitty pushbikes and air fresheners.

attachicon.gif20170410_105211.jpg

But you can always pop over the road and check out a charming little band

attachicon.gif20170410_105219.jpg

post-3886-0-51488500-1491819474.jpg

I like the way the pub has a public footpath running through the building.

Tidy looking T3. Please don't 'deck it' though.

Excellent. I stayed quiet on this one, due to too much insider information. Has ex-Dugong recognised the room yet?

I only found the idle a problem when it's cold, presumably due to some iffy autochoke horlicks. I drove over 150 miles in it the other weekend, and it was fine - apart from the lack of headlamps, and the overheating (good job it has TWO interior fans!). I'd like to point out that I mentioned these things to Cobblers (and the horrible suspension noise) when he came to view it.

Acceleration can be described thusly. VERY quick! Then it changes into second and feels like it can't be arsed anymore. I have a video forthcoming. Hopefully overnight.

Yes I must add that it works exactly as described. I tried with just one fan, and the temp crept up above the LED in the middle. Both of them worked a treat though! I'm running it down to my mums tomorrow and once it cools down I'm going to make sure it's all bled up and full of water properly. I've ordered some hydraulic lifter treatment in the hope that it'll stop the GTA2 "car is going to explode" noise. It's worked on two of these before so I'm crossing my fingers.