Daewoo Lanos/Cavalier/Astra front ABS sensor bracket

uk_senator

Had a look at my Daewoo`s ABS problem yesterday, ended up snapping the bracket while trying to get the sensor out of it (and snapped the bolt holding it onto the hub).

So if anyone has a NSF Daewoo Lanos hub or upright (and a driveshaft with an undamaged ABS ring would be handy), especially in the London/Herts/Essex/Bucks/Bedfordshire area, give me a shout please.

They are closely related to late 80`s/90`s Vauxhalls and share stuff like the bracket with the Astra/Cav, maybe others (but dont have the same ABS ring or sensor). Not sure if the whole hubs are interchangeable. Possibly Daewoo/Chevrolet Lacetti as well.

Its so hard to find any info on these buggers, no one seems to be bothering with them, proper shite, set to become extinct in the next decade I reckon, which is a shame as its nowhere near as bad as I was expecting, & is more fun to drive than a lot more `prestigious` Japanese blandmobiles.

post-3844-307940.jpg

post-3844-872993.jpg

post-3844-598785.jpg

I will be have a pop with the old blow torch & mole grips, I`ve sprayed it several times with penetrating fluid in readiness (I did the roll bar links while I was down there as I have to change them too), but its all very corroded down there, like a 5 year old Chinese bike, so I`m not holding my breath.

I had hoped I`d salvaged the sensor bracket, but as I was levering it off, snap.. Wonderful.. If it comes to it I could always drill & tap another 2 holes in the hub & clamp it on with a bit of perforated strip between 2 bolts as the locating pin is still there, or, Araldite it on if I cant be arsed going through all that agro..