Attempted rinsing by DVLA, any tips????

Mr_Bo11ox

If I had a letter inviting me to court over 9.05 that I didn't owe, I'd make a counter claim for harassment and my time at £87.50 per hour plus Vat, which would be 3 hours per letter. plus a billionty quid for emotional damages, and turn up in court and take them for a days pay plus expenses on top of that.  

That said my wife recently got an Asda Credit card, and when we tried to activate it, we somehow managed to change it to internet billing.  So after 6 weeks she says "I've not had a bill" so we went on line and found she had a £12 default payment added to her account for not paying on time.  We paid it. Then the next day she gets a very threatening letter from a Debt collection agency. She phone's customer service and they put her back onto paper billing and set up a direct debit to pay it off monthly, and refund the £12. I have checked her credit rating and it seems to be all okay.

Guest Breadvan72

If I had a letter inviting me to court over 9.05 that I didn't owe, I'd make a counter claim for harassment and my time at £87.50 per hour plus Vat, which would be 3 hours per letter. plus a billionty quid for emotional damages, and turn up in court and take them for a days pay plus expenses on top of that.  

I assume not serious.  If serious - crikey, calm down a bit.  FOTL-a-rama, etc.

Guest Breadvan72

I've been chased for many years for many debts all of which are now statute-barred and have vanished off my record. Not one of them, repeat not one, took me to court. Threatened to, yes. Did it, nope.

In other words, you welched on your obligations,and got away with it.  Is that really something to brag about?  

Guilty as charged, m'lud.

I was young, naive and irresponsible.

Not my proudest moment admittedly, and don't get me wrong, I did pay back a lot of what I owed - these were just the last few bits which, due to personal circumstances, I was unable to see out.

It was about 10 years ago....

Hey lets not miss an opportunity for a bit of bickering and sniping as that's what we're mainly about nowadays.

Why make a public announcement when you put someone on 'the list'? (PS. don't actually answer that please). Its only going to wind folk up.

So I just took the dogs and the mrs out in the newly purchased talbot express after a fuppin war on the phone with half a dozen insurance companies who couldn't find their own arse with both hands.

Obviously I forgot to tax the bastard and I've just run it down the M1 for a couple of junctions so I bet I'll end up with a threatening letter coming through the door. Oh well!

So I just took the dogs and the mrs out in the newly purchased talbot express after a fuppin war on the phone with half a dozen insurance companies who couldn't find their own arse with both hands.

Obviously I forgot to tax the bastard and I've just run it down the M1 for a couple of junctions so I bet I'll end up with a threatening letter coming through the door. Oh well!

S'alright, you'll be able to cite Bollox vs The Government soon.

• 1 year later...

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:31 PM

They wrote me 3 threatening letters asking for £305, and I wrote back each time politely saying I had clearly paid all my car taxes in a timely manner and had no intention of paying their arbitrary and completely disproportional fine, and in the absence of any other option I would reluctantly attend a court hearing to discuss it. After the third angry demand letter they wrote another saying they would proceed with a prosecution, but I never heard from them again. Fuck em!