Tigra clutch change

unclecalzone

Thanks chaps, I dropped the subframe down a touch to get the box off.

Bloody top starter motor bolt is a pig to get at under the twinport inlet manifold, totally stupid design if you ask me. The lower ball joints also gave me some grief too but they did succumb to 19 stone of me bouncing on a breaker bar or maybe the numerous bashing with a lump hammer...

5f3e48459ef773503deaa1d64bcbc245.jpg

One goosed clutch

4f6de33d81f49b65b93a515eeb6dc6ae.jpg

Thank the gods of shite for my cheapy electric impact gun, saved a lot of hassle on some of the more stubborn torx head bolts.

That'll do me for tonight though, going to carry on with it tomorrow and see if I can get it finished so the other half can have a working car again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah hydraulic clutch on these (corsa C onwards is the same) so a little fiddly to change the concentric release bearing.

I'm going to get it hooked up to a tyre fed pressure bleeder even though the clutch instructions say they dont recommend it...living dangerous me! keep it low like 10psi i cant see what harm it can do 

Well that was eventful to say the least considering I've just finished. woke up around 10 and got straight back on the job. The gearbox took about an hour to align with the engine which whilst not the quickest one I've done was also not the worst - I'm working on the floor with just a 2 tonne trolley jack.

So then began the the installation of the subframe three bolts when back just fine except for the near side rear one, it would not tighten at all. There's a little access hole you can get your fingers in whilst bending your arms like mr tickle, lo and behold the hefty securing bolt stuck inside the now spinning captive nut which had broken its welds.

fuck!

So cue 4 hours or so spent figuring out what to do, you can't cut the bolt with cutting tools as there is no room so I had to just chop away at it with a pretty blunt junior hacksaw then cold chisel the bolt in half.

I then found a sturdy stainless bolt the right length and bopped it through the hole so it hung down, that was a 30 minute job in itself when you've got fingers like sausages and a tiny reverse blind hole to work through.

Some bolt renants and perhaps a socket extension disappeared irretrievably into the chassis leg never to be seen again too.

Eventually I managed it and bolted the subframe up.

Got it all back together from then on with no major drama other than being tired I'd left the near side abs sensor out so managed to get it fitted through the wheel and bolted down. took it for a test drive and it seems ok to drive but I've now got a non functioning drivers window as it won't drop when opening the door nor will it work from the switch inside the cabin so if anyone can share any tips on a fix I'd appreciate it. Being a French built GM car where a lot of it relies on power I don't want a case of it throwing a hissy and having epilectrics

Sorry no pictures as I was too filthy/annoyed to take any. I've also given myself an black eye from dropping a 3/8 inch wrench onto my face from 2 feet up!

Got it all back together from then on with no major drama other than being tired I'd left the near side abs sensor out so managed to get it fitted through the wheel and bolted down. took it for a test drive and it seems ok to drive but I've now got a non functioning drivers window as it won't drop when opening the door nor will it work from the switch inside the cabin so if anyone can share any tips on a fix I'd appreciate it. Being a French built GM car where a lot of it relies on power I don't want a case of it throwing a hissy and having epilectrics

Sorry no pictures as I was too filthy/annoyed to take any. I've also given myself an black eye from dropping a 3/8 inch wrench onto my face from 2 feet up!

Re Window: Might just be the top limit needs resetting - ign on, door shut, hold window button in up position for 10 seconds or so . IIRC you should hear a click once its reset. I have to do this on the Astra Convertible every time I disconnect the battery to work on it.

PS probably need to do both front windows at the same time.

I look like I've had a weekend spent on the streets, filthy fingernails and a black eye but I've not even set foot out of my property since Friday haha. Rather this black eye than massive cut up hands I've got away lightly this time.

Cheers for the window advice I've disconnected the battery for tonight so I'll check it out tomorrow and report back, fingers crossed it works!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gave it a quick going over tonight, tightened the rear sub frame bolts as they weren't fully tight (as in FT!)

Cheers to jon928se I did the window sync procedure and they are working again :)

Might run it through the local jet wash on the way home from work tomorrow save making more mess at home

First proper road test this morning, I'm going with 75% good as I managed to get to work but 3 miles or so into the 10 mile trip the cooling fan came on full tilt and the temp gauge fell off the bottom of the stop. Fortunately it's electrical gremlins nothing mechanical, going to see what it does tonight but it's bringing up a p0115 code which is the CTS