1979 Allegro 1500 special. Sad sale :( £1000 or SWAPS. Stoke

Lankytim

NOW SWAPPED and NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

Hi all.

I've had this Allegro since 2008 and taken it to the Nurburgring, it's been off the road since 2009 being restored and over the years I must've spent 6k on the damn thing. It needs finishing off, lights connecting back up, a displacer changing as it's gone hard and various bits and bobs. It's basically a project that's gone on far too long, cost far too much money and I'd rather just move on and forget about it.

While being restored it's had absolutely fucktons of bodywork done including new front outer/inner wings, new front panel, new sills, rear arches. two resprays (the first went wrong) plus loads of other work. The engine hasn't been touched and runs sweet with a new clutch and rear seal. Clutch slave cylinder has failed in storage though. It's done approx 45k and will come with loads of spare parts.

It's been back in my garage for the last 2 years and I haven't done anything with it and although I love the thing I'm never going to get chance to finish it or enjoy it and a general change of priorities means that it has to go, either via a swap or a straight sale. 1k is a guide price, It's probably not worth anything like that much but I'd like to get back some of the 6k or so I've sunk into it.

17264675_10158443402365436_9132694257866

17353246_10158443403485436_8409894872260

Edited by Lankytim

Regarding Swaps...  I've got a bright blue Multipla here needing a clutch slave.  Long Ticket, JTD, loads spent recently. Wife's car, Had it 5 years, FR-V purchase pushes sale instead of spannering.

Money your way, obvs.  

11009863_10152893496934716_3514869921531

I'd absolutely love to get it finished but I really need to just get rid. Had it too long and even if I got it finished I'm not sure when I could get time to enjoy it. I may regret it one day but there we are.

Seconded!

Allegroring.jpg

I remember when we got back to the pit area all the rust and filler had fallen out due to the body flexing so much as it was being hammered round. Got a time of 13mins something IIRC

Otherwise a fresh ticket Daimler XJ40 that I did 120 miles in at the weekend.  Lowish mileage, blue with cream leather, all pretty good, just needing cosmetics.  Had it a year so it's due to move on

Money my way on that one

SAM_1820.jpgSAM_1809.jpg

Already have a Multipla! May be interested in the Daimler, any more info? I have already had an offer of an 05 reg Volvo S40 1.6 petrol which I'm not mega enamored with if I'm honest.

It's still off being MOTD but it drives lovely, I'll stick some pics up when it arrives as it is a bit shite if I'm honest. The floating dash is a nice touch compared to the LDV whose dash is literally floating as all the screws have dropped out of it.

post-388-0-55003900-1490528488_thumb.jpg