Specs You've Never Heard Of Before.

Hendry

My best friends parents got a Vectra Arctic as a company car. I think it was the 1st car that I knowingly jumped into that had A/C. It was then bought by my neighbours and I believe it's still around. Lovely blue hue too

Omg modernz alert, but I saw my first current shape Mondeo Vignale the other day in a tasteful shade of metallic bronze. It looks like Ford have got a bit keen with the chrome paint, there was nary a bit of trim that hadn't been shined up. Am expecting for it to depreciate faster than a stone down 1 of Russia's 10km vertical tunnels...

I have just discovered that the Sierra was available with a 2.0 V6. The 80's was the decade I thought I knew everything about car specs. I had always thought the 2.0 was a 4 cyl pinto, joined later by the i. Or is the internet lying?

Probably for the European market, the MK5 Cortina shaped Taunus was available with a 2 litre Cologne V6.

My blue cavalier is a Colorado ltd edition, basically an 1.8 LS with different seat fabric and a red/blue stripe round the middle of the car. This was the golden age of the ltd edition cavalier with the ethos,motorsport,and Cesaro all around that time. Probably not many of them in one piece now...

Ford are the past masters of this game as this thread proves!

I give you another two tone blue oval comedy special, the Ford Fusion 'Pursuit'. Only available with the 1.4 engine...

post-20084-0-19620200-1490126426_thumb.jpg

Fiat were very good in the 80's with Ltd Editions, various models such as the Bella, Bianco, Breeze, Eleganza, Fantasia, Savoy, Solar all had added bits and bobs from upper models and usually added sunroofs and graphics. 

Here is 'our' 1989 Uno MK1 Breeze on the left of the picture bellow which had the following over the standard 45 Uno it was based upon.

Fully colour coded bumpers and mirrors plus grille. 

Rear opening quarter glass.

Tilt and slide sunroof.

Unique patterned interior.

5 speed box from the 45S models.

Standard Metallic paint. 

Full Length Fiat wheel trims instead on standard centre caps. 

phone%20pics%2010355_zpsdxneh2gd.jpg

Please tell me the Fiesta Quartz just had a digital clock as the extra option?

I had the ultimate in shite badge trim - Fiesta mk3 Popular. It had nothing. Nothing!

The original Quartz was a run out special for the Mk 1 Fiesta based on the Pop Plus. I had one from new, red with black stripes on the doors and nasty red inserts on the wheels.

I was young and foolish then.

Mrs BN had a Nova Swing, 1984 special edition if memory serves.

Had a Cavalier Envoy once, great car that went to 264,000.   It had some 'Envoy' badges.   And that was about it I think.

MH-1251552-1215-2.jpg

That was the base model cavalier when they face lifted them in October 1992. It was even available with a 1.4 engine. But apart from the envoy badges that was it you didn't even get electric windows

Very nice looking uno, I do recall that edition with all the colour coded bits on

Thanks, we went to look at a identical Uno Breeze in about 1999 with are parents as me and my brother tried to convince our Dad at the time that even though we still had another 18 months till we turned 17 a Car was just what we needed. 

Sadly my Dad decided that £795 was too much so we had to wait another 13 years to get one! 

Another rare Fiat from the 90's is our 1995 Fiat Punto EL not to be confused with the ELX model. The whole reason for the EL was more for the Italian and european markets as in Italy at least they have laws for new drivers on the engine cc output they can have.

So Fiat thought by adding the ELX style exterior spec of colour coded bumpers and front fogs plus one off wheel trims with SX spec seats [no electric windows or central looking though] and the main selling point a 6 speed manual gearbox to improve acceleration that would help them with there youth sales market. 

These were only sold in the UK for about 18 months before being dropped from the range [suspect were too expensive] and according to How Many Left there are currently only 4 on the UK roads.

Alot of people we spoke to about this car even in Fiat Circles were unaware of this model being available including Fiat dealers. 

Here a photo of ours note the 6speed badge. Later European models are clearly badged Punto EL 6 speed.

16601702_10211312039224030_1479512011944

11988739_1516139798711122_74632210375823[/

URL]

Bonus pic of my brother putting the 6 speed to good use round Curborough Sprint Course. :-D  

My brother saved this Car after a chance sighting over 3 years ago from the dreaded bridge with 6 months Mot at least from memory. The paint which can't be seen clearly in the pics is ruined on the roof and along the tops of the panels from Lacquer peel so really needs a respray but for scrap money we aren't complaining. 

It's great fun to drive and hopefully we can keep this one for many more years and slowly improve it as we go as doubt we find another if we sold it.

when i get home i shall dig out my Glasses guide car check book from the early nineties, it covers the previous 10 years of limited editions, i only have the 2007 and 2010 issues to hand, unfortunately they stopped doing them..i love reading them... THey are full o useless facts and info on special editions and when they were released and discontinued etc... I used to be really ace at remembering all the editions...am less so now..  I remember having a few 94 ish cavaliers in the dark red colour, (satin red?) they were pretty basic spec with windy windows, but they did have a passenger airbag, and unusual quilted type seats?   also the fiesta frascatti, which also had from memory 2 airbags and power steering, but naff all else, also came in the doom maroon colour, round about 93.

post-4577-0-56396300-1490185979_thumb.jpgpost-4577-0-56400900-1490185982_thumb.jpg

'A special edition to the range' makes no sense.   Should be 'special addition' Shirley?   Or is it supposed to be a pun that doesn't quite work?   Orl Voxhall mid-nineties ad copy iz shit.

Or possibly I should get out more.

I had a bit of an argument with a plate collection driver who was picking up a sale Cavalier Expression or some special edition from us which had done its time on the rental fleet.

It had alloy wheels on it and when he checked the spare he was confronted by a nice brand new, never been on the car steel spare, he said it should be alloy, I said standard spec on that model is steel, he then went on to accuse me of stealing the alloy spare and replacing it with a steel one.

I think it ended up with me telling him to fuck off and to get someone else to sign his paperwork.

I had one of those as my first car. From memory it was poverty spec with a sunroof and passenger door mirror

May be rose tinted glasses but I remember it as quite nice and closer to the L than whatever Vauxhall called the basic car that week. But I was much younger then, and that scanned brochure suggests otherwise.

Mind you cars were quite basic then, especially small ones.

May be rose tinted glasses but I remember it as quite nice and closer to the L than whatever Vauxhall called the basic car that week. But I was much younger then, and that scanned brochure suggests otherwise.

Mind you cars were quite basic then, especially small ones.

As my first car I was just happy that it had 4 wheels and an engine (and a stereo that cost me more than the car of course). Mine definitely had twin door mirrors, but I guess that was a previous owner adding them as it wasn't even on the options list or early SR models. Not sure what it means by extra wide opening doors though, surely you'd make them all the same