Anyone gonna sell me a Parker?

nacho man

Last week I had a phone call from my old man asking to come and have a look at something.

It's something I have never had a interest in or been bothered about. It's well before my time but my old man had one as a young un.

The fella who owned it was a top bloke who had this in his garden.

2df2a9d2da7e354e855410dd268897b9.jpg

He was selling up to fund getting the mini back on the road properly.

What we was looking at was in ace nick. My old man was a bit undecided as it was fair old few quid.

In the week I read up a fair bit about them and fancied some summer fun, so sent him a text.

"Fancy going halfs?"

"Yeah"

This morning a van was borrowed from work and it got loaded up.

db2deb2587d24e93a40778e493f20be1.jpg

Room was made in the garage. It ain't insured yet so only rode it up the street. Plus it was pissing it down in Derby today.

d8ef25cb7dedd244c8b6294dfabcbbed.jpg

35cc7a7ee8917fd157ef4c000fd46cf8.jpg

7178d956df7a1b529c0f68fecdca00ea.jpg

d941dca1f5340d1b4e8a93cd75b0c98a.jpg

b94d83460c09e7f663c8c44bb439cfd9.jpg

He gave us a old piss pot helmet which seems appropriate.

It's a 1965 li 125. Seems good to my limited knowledge.

Was restored a few years back.

Came with loads of old paperwork, I know it was built in Italy as apposed to Spain or India or whoever they knocked them up. Has matching numbers and what not.

I have already took some tat off it. But I literally only know what I have read up this week.

So tell me how to look after it. What I need to bin or add immediately. Or what looks daft on it.

So anyone wanna sell me a Parker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, you absolute f*ck*r (in a nice way) that's class. That colour is fabulous, probably the nicest one. PLEASE raffle it or get really pissed one night and agree to swap it for a 2006 Ford Ka. 

Another thing, and it's not nice to say, sorry: keep it VERY well locked up, out of site and as secure as possible. These are a massive target for light fingered bastards, you hear of some many people who've had them stolen and never see them again.

Ooof id love one, useless bit of trivia father fp was an extra in quadrophenia where they get to brighton and all the scooters are on the front, he was working down there as an electrician on hotels and used his scooter to get around then heard they wanted extras with scooters for a film about mods so went along

Ooof id love one, useless bit of trivia father fp was an extra in quadrophenia where they get to brighton and all the scooters are on the front, he was working down there as an electrician on hotels and used his scooter to get around then heard they wanted extras with scooters for a film about mods so went along

Y'know... that story is sooo much more interesting than telling us he was up a ladder [doinn sparkies] and a mate looked up and said "Nice beaver!"

Place in movie/mod/rocker legend assured M8

TS

• 2 weeks later...

Pffff. A friend of a friend was an extra in Holiday On The Buses, she was one of the kids on the open top bus that goes under the low bridge.

Noice. Did the PO have any details on its resto? Whoever did it did a clean looking job, right down to the running-in stickers inside the legshields. Looks like yours came over from Italy in 2001; my SX150 came over in 2000 and is on an import 'HJ' plate as well. Values of Lambrettas continues to rise - every time I think about selling mine due to (current) lack of use, I quickly remember that it's actually more solid than money in the bank.

Have fun, and continue with 'less is more' approach ;)

Edit: I'm sure your old man will be able to help, but make sure your premix isn't too oil heavy. The 'let's throw some extra oil in just in case' theory just cokes the motor right up, and leaves your mates in a thick screen of shit.

Get down to SEFTON PARK Liverpool, at the CRICKET CLUB....29th-30th JULY. 

The Liverpool Scooter Club hold an open day,no charge 8)  and invite ALL Scooter Clubs to attend, 400+ scooters turn up every year, The band is pure MOD + Rock,loads of stalls selling everything SCOOTER, I'll guarantee you'll wear your PARKER,cos you'll NOT look out of place. :shock:  8)  8)

They also have an open invite for Yank cars and trucks and classic cars etc etc. Oh and bikers (Rockers)

OH! and did I mention the BAR and the FOOD....brilliant :-D .

I used to go along in my yank (as I was a GREASER) but everyone mixes and never any "Brighton Rock" trouble.

HAVE A NICE DAY

• 2 weeks later...

Did a few miles on this old smoker today.

I really like bombing along on it.

Get quite a few thumbs up and what not which gets me a bit embarrassed.

928b5391c5bfeff81d4f66402b57c687.jpg

Took some tat of the front. Bit more to go though.

Also there was a little gromit missing from the fuel tap. Luckily there is a scooter shop in Notts who had them in stock so went a bit anal and bought one.

47ce986a0cdb21d6b2f8ea614c53b49e.jpg

Good job I have skinny witch hands as had to get in here to take the split pin out to release the rod.

a0a961a2b2d611330472fb2e2825e718.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 years later...

Anyone fancy this? Its done minimal mileage in the last 4/5 years I have owned it. Kept in a garage all year. Ridden to the pub and back a few times a year. I kept it mot’d most years but not bothered this year. 

Its a Italian built 125Li but is a 175 goes really well. Stops well. Starts first time. 

It had a full nut and bolt restoration before I bought it. Got a load of spares as well inc carbs etc. 

Not sure on the value but think it’s got to be worth £5k plus? What you reckon?