Less modern laguna.. For SALE! Terrible price, £200, you have until monday at 9am to stake a claim!

beko1987

So after taking this on it's last drive before it's certain doom, I thought I would reflect on the ownership costs.

The car cost £150 from Ruffgeezer in Sept 2017

£60 on front tie rods, track rod ends and drop links

£45 on tracking and wheel balancing

£30 on 2 sets of rear exhaust rubbers

£8 on a radio control adapter for the steering wheel that just did the volume...

£50ish on a service before the summer

£15 on rear pads

£358 total ownership and running cost! CPM is £0.023p

However, I made just over £400 breaking the blue laguna for spares and weighing in the rest

So I suppose it's cost me -£42 to run the car for just over 15,000 miles! Cost per mile is -£0.0028p...

Cost to change - 

Bramz 406 is £275

Giving Gareth £20 and a pack of baccy to pick me up and take me to collect it, so £33

ASM will give me £204 for taking the Laguna there

Total spend - £104!

We could be picky and take the £42 surplus from before out and make the cost £62, but we wont as thats long gone! I've got the handbook pack, haynes manual radio and indicator stalk in the shed too, will see if I can get a few pennies from the laguna people on facebook for that, otherwise I'll bring it to the next meetup and dump it all in a box/bub's car when he's not looking

I haven't taken tax, insurance or fuel into account, as I'd have to spend that regardless of what car I ran, and don't think it's worth caring about!

So not all lagunas are shit! Just most of them... And here, barring any major fuckup/someone actually wanting to buy it, ends the tale of my laguna ownership over 2 cars! I'll start a new thread for the new car, as it is a Peugeot, and therefore different. I've ended all my other car threads when the car is gone, this one just morphed into 2 cars with the breaking of the blue gooner.

It's funny - about 13 years ago I drove a LHD 1978 728 to my local breakers, LC Hughes in Bicester. It was on Dutch plates and I'd done a fair few epic trips in it. I got 100 quid for it iirc.

I saw it a month later, stacked on top of another scrapper with bits ripped off it - I felt violated. That's my car.

No it ain't.

LC Hughes is still going, they only offered me £170 for the gooner! They do have a 2002 406 LX Estate in though, which might be handy if I need any bits.