**LITTLE RED TRACTOR SHITE * *.Kinkersaabs collection as they emerge and get cleaned

kinkersaab

• 2 months later...

The latest to add is the Polo.  Just clicked over 38000 miles totally original from what i can see with no welding evident nor needed. A very honest wee car with a few *giffer touch ins which will be left as is.  Drives lovely.  Brakes as always take a little getting used to, especially compared to modern over assisted stuff.

post-4577-0-68435900-1533379806_thumb.jpgpost-4577-0-81911600-1533379823_thumb.jpgpost-4577-0-58271600-1533379855_thumb.jpgpost-4577-0-04777400-1533379879_thumb.jpgpost-4577-0-85927000-1533379893_thumb.jpgpost-4577-0-98040000-1533379911_thumb.jpgpost-4577-0-64710600-1533380166_thumb.jpgpost-4577-0-23578700-1533380183_thumb.jpg

post-4577-0-18871800-1533379838_thumb.jpg

post-4577-0-29260500-1533379939_thumb.jpg

I can attest that one person on thier own in a single garage can remove, swap ancillaries over and replace the engine in one of those in about 3 days. Solid. It would take 2 days if they didnt loose the 13 mm socket from thier tiny tool kit.

I can confirm that a hamfisted idiot can change the engine on a driveway in less than a week, without any sort of instructions. Just an engine crane and a week off work.

They're lovely at this era. When VWs were just slightly expensive, honest cars. My mum had a Mars Red one, same trim, really solid feeling.

I can confirm that a hamfisted idiot can change the engine on a driveway in less than a week, without any sort of instructions. Just an engine crane and a week off work.

They're lovely at this era. When VWs were just slightly expensive, honest cars. My mum had a Mars Red one, same trim, really solid feeling.

We bought one in JRG - engine blew up. Replaced with low mileage engine from scrap yard. Lots of Fails to proceed. - Blocked carb, and condensers being the 2 most memorable ones. 

Lots of Fails to proceed. - Blocked carb, and condensers being the 2 most memorable ones.

My shed landlord Rob has one as his daily, on a B plate. That had regular condenser trouble too until he replaced the cheap coil with a decent one.

The Pierburg carb is a Pierburg carb. You want an easier life, there’s a Weber you can fit.

G'wan lad!

This is awesome, genuinely very jealous :ph34r:  It looks to be completely rust free...? Even the engine bay looks spotless, what a find.

My best mate had one of these when I was starting to dive and it seemed (And was) way cooler than my Ford Ka at the time.

• 1 year later...

It's been a while but not much in the way of updates.  Minty the GSA has gone to Hong Kong of all places, and the C6 has also left, not as far away, but far enough  :)   The Outback also has gone. It did good service but i got rid just before it drew its last breath, it worked hard and did well. It has been replaced with a fantastically shit and boring but capable and so far reliable Laguna 3 with the 2.0 petrol nissan engine.    Im jolly excited to add the next one to the shed.  It has belonged to the lady I got it off since a couple months old.  It  was the local demo.   48000 miles, every bit of paper and bill has been kept. Thankfully its had the kind of money spent to keep it going that most couldn't  afford, or wouldn't bother.   The mot history is horrific, but  the reality is far better. Everything is  good, with the exception of the floor which is lots of patches., arches and wings have all been done to a good standard and wont need doing again, the floor will just be a case of more wee patches as and when ... Any how, its a 93, coupe in yellow with perforated leather and a REDTOP  :)  

118358698_306363770679930_9212031952229903791_n.jpg

Was going to come and drink your coffee today but got visited so plans had to change. Shame, I could have come over and admired* this before reminding you that all Vauxhalls are shit.

Looks a lovely example of a car I never took a liking to back in the day, will be nice to see if my opinion has changed over the last 20 years when I see it, I cannot remember the last time I saw one in the wild. Well bought.

Fantastic! I was a young teen when these were launched and I thought they were bloody gorgeous. The interior always let the outside lines down a bit I felt, but yours has holy cow which really makes it. 

I've owned a couple of Cavalier GSis over the years and they were awesome cars (apart from the rear legs constantly trying to dissolve). The rasp of the redtop is addictive too- can't believe yours is so low miles. Wonder if it's the Coscast head?