C15 It's an MOT pass. Another year of wombling about.

holbeck

Yesterday I went over to Wales (near Cardiff and Swansea) to collect this C15 from Anonymous User. A big thanks to AU for the hospitality and for slipping a tenner into my mit for a bit of diesel to get me on my way.

No collection thread as such, as I forgot to take photo's until nearly home, and it seemed a bit late then. 130 miles of (mostly) M4 and M5 was covered at around the 70 mark just getting home as the light faded.

post-4930-0-00355700-1489495939_thumb.jpg

When you've got a van, it's got to be put to work right?

post-4930-0-52522600-1489495949_thumb.jpg

Todays first job was to the tip.

post-4930-0-73201300-1489496121_thumb.jpg

Second job was to the sawmills for a load of oak offcuts to keep our wood burner going next winter.

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, lesapandre said:

Allo. A bientot to the le club. Fantastic vehicle and virtually unburstable.  They are slightly under-geared for the motorway but apart from that. Advice apply some sound deadening inside and plenty of wax underneath.

Voici le Club! :-)

C15 Club.jpg

2 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

I think they were special editions weren’t they? I’ve got a memory of a Citroen leaflet with red and white vans on it. Quite early on too - C or D plate.

Yeah. I remember rear side windows and seats too. Van Rouge and Van Blanc I think. My dad had just bought a 1 year old Visa from a Citroen dealer (after considering a new 2CV) so we were pretty well stocked up with brochures.

9 hours ago, robinmasters said:

I hope her C15 had the optional side windows, or her view of the telly would have been terrible.

When I had my Espace I moved a sofa for a friend, (the Espace was used by me as a van so never had the seats in the back so I was always getting roped in to move things). Friend's mother was in attendance so I drove, mum in front with me and friend Carol had to sit on the sofa in the back. To give the other road users something to look at she was holding a cup and saucer, pretending to drink from it. Luckily we weren't going far and didn't get stopped.

• 6 months later...

I have one of these. I can't recommend them highly enough. If anyone sees one - buy it you won't regret it. Enough Citroen magic to keep me happy - great ride, loads of space and fun to drive. I have been to France x3 in mine and all over UK.  Approx 450 miles on £50 of diesel in all conditions.