C15 It's an MOT pass. Another year of wombling about.

holbeck

Still remember being startled at how well these rode when I last drove one.

We had one on a W plate come in as a trade in at the garage.  Turned out to be a real minter once we'd scrubbed several years of motorway grime off it...had something ridiculous like 30K on the clock.

It didn't stick around long, that one!

Yes I had one, it was the HiLo version with a pop top so it fitted in multi storey car parks. I bought a not so good one and spent quite a lot on it to get it up to scratch (it still had filler in the doors though). Very slow due to the extra weight, also the bed was too short for me. When I realised that it spent most of it's time in a storage yard at £10 a week I sold it at a loss. People generally ask too much money for them

20170812_124244.jpg

Yeah, they do seem a bit pricey, or knackered if cheap. When you say slow, how slow are we talking? Considering I used to have a 1.7 diesel visa and I’ve still got a 1.9 diesel BX - it’s all relative, but are they a lot slower?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normal C15 diesel van is fine, trundles along happily, not too slow away from junctions, keeps up with traffic. The Romahome was very slow off the mark and on the motorway seemed happiest at about 55mph, you could get it to go faster, but it wasn't happy. I think it was the added weight and aerodynamics. Then again I only drove that one as a comparison to the two vans that I've had, a different one might be better.

Normal C15 diesel van is fine, trundles along happily, not too slow away from junctions, keeps up with traffic. The Romahome was very slow off the mark and on the motorway seemed happiest at about 55mph, you could get it to go faster, but it wasn't happy. I think it was the added weight and aerodynamics. Then again I only drove that one as a comparison to the two vans that I've had, a different one might be better.

Interesting. I may have to try and drive one as that does sound too slow for my taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • holbeck changed the title to Thank god I've got a C15
44 minutes ago, holbeck said:

As the MINI is now an MOT  work in progress,  having the C15 to dust off has been a life saver. 

20201111_142752.thumb.jpg.781ceef65696e92ea7d4b8a4673729e8.jpg

Indeed. These are brilliant vehicles. We went from London to Cambridge and back yesterday (essential journey I was taking someone to the Papworth Hospital) and used virtually no fuel.  So useful and tough and a 1.8 diesel motors nicely. Toasty heater.

Could do with a longer gearbox and an annoying reflection of the dash in the screen at night are about my only gripes. Mine does London-Rouen and back no sweat. 

Only saw one old car on the whole journey - a big boxy Volvo estate.

• holbeck changed the title to C15 MOT time again.